Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
I find I am feeling extra stressed because we are waiting for the FBI clearance and police checks, we haven't even been able to file our application yet! I am already feeling as though I can't handle the distance anymore, that I need a solution and we haven't even begun the actual process yet. I wish we could send the application and these other things later.

I wish I could convince my husband to come stay with me, too. He is just too intent on working. :'(

Dayanara

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
AOR Received.
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-05-2010
Passport Req..
30-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
07-10-2010
AngelB said:
I find I am feeling extra stressed because we are waiting for the FBI clearance and police checks, we haven't even been able to file our application yet! I am already feeling as though I can't handle the distance anymore, that I need a solution and we haven't even begun the actual process yet. I wish we could send the application and these other things later.

I wish I could convince my husband to come stay with me, too. He is just too intent on working. :'(
My husband is not intent on working at all, lol.

I just cannot support him on my own for very long. But we have decided that once it hits September we will have him quit his job and move out to come up on a visitor's VISA and if he has to go back to the states before he gets PR approval he will go back to Chicago and stay with his parents. Which would suck because Buffalo is only a 2 hour drive and Chicago is a 2-3 hour flight. But we are hopeful it will not come to that.

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AngelB said:

You are not alone in feeling this way. I've been staying here in Canada for 10 months now. I've been waiting now over six months for the FBI clearance, unable to work and support my new wife and family. For months I felt like a visitor waiting and waiting with my patient wife. But now for the past several months I feel like a visitor in my new home as my wife thinks I should be able to do something to make an income.

If I had it to do over I would probably do exactly what you are doing. As my self esteem took a real beating not being able to work or to have legal status to stay, and it has started to affect our marriage. Which is the very reason I moved here, to be with her. I believe it will work out but it has been quite frustrating. I look and talk like the locals, have the same basic values. But visitor status does wear out and other than the marriage itself makes you wonder what your life is all about.

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
11-06-2010
AngelB said:

Why cant you? My wife and I are filing next week and we are sending everything except the FBI clearance. We are just going to send a letter stating that its in process and proof of sending it in.

Dayanara

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2010
AOR Received.
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-05-2010
Passport Req..
30-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
07-10-2010
tocanadafromindiana said:
Why cant you? My wife and I are filing next week and we are sending everything except the FBI clearance. We are just going to send a letter stating that its in process and proof of sending it in.
I am like AngelB on this one. Not sending it in until we have everything.

My lawyer has suggested we wait until we have it all, full applications at time of filing in her experience have a faster overall processing time. She has seen some applications go in without FBI checks and it has added time on either by it getting misplaced by the government when it arrives and not added to the correct file or fingerprint issues with the FBI itself and then the government is then waiting on you and your file gets put to the back burner for a while.

We really want to file, but if there is even the slightest chance that it adds even a week to our processing time, not worth it to me.