+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The impact of seeking assylum on other aspects

Am1256

Mar 30, 2020
Hi,

I have sent invitation letter for visitor visa purposes for one of my best friends and now I noticed that she is looking for assylum; as I am sponsoring my wife to come to canada, may I know if the application process will be affected due to his assylum request?

Has anyone had ever such this experience?

Thanks for your help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have sent invitation letter for visitor visa purposes for one of my best friends and now I noticed that she is looking for assylum; as I am sponsoring my wife to come to canada, may I know if the application process will be affected due to his assylum request?

Has anyone had ever such this experience?

Thanks for your help!
No effect. I could have effect on any future visitors you invite.

Am1256

Mar 30, 2020
Thanks for your response.

May I know how come it would affect the future visitors while it does not affect the spousal/parental sponsorship?

It is kinda confusing!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

May I know how come it would affect the future visitors while it does not affect the spousal/parental sponsorship?

It is kinda confusing!!!
It can affect temporary residency apps. It does not affect permanent residency apps.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

It is kinda confusing!!!

1. Two separate processes.
2. If you send a letter of invitation/support to a friend or relative to visit Canada, and they claim refugee status. Then you can expect in the future that any further of your invitations will be taken with "a pound of salt."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

It is kinda confusing!!!
Could impact TRV or supervisa for parents. Sponsoring parents for PR is never guaranteed but your previous asylum application doesn’t impact it.