+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

the best way to avoid lost of PR Status

ttatta

Oct 13, 2011
Hi guys
it would by highly appreciated if some of you can provide some advices , My case is like that : landed with my family as permanent residence in November 2009 stay for 20 days and left to my country due to personal circumstances . I planned to go back to Canada next April . my questions are :

1- how can avoid any difficulties with the IO , and who that can be done .
2- what is the best way to get in , through US- CANADA Border or through air port.
3- what are the familiar questions asked by OI in such cases .
4 - what papers should be with me in order to be let in .
5 - what about the requirement of residency (730 days) .
6 - is there any possibility the OI reported my case to CIC . or deny me to get in .

I know the my questioned has been answered before , but I believe you guys understand my situation and worries .
please accept my highest consideration .

ttatta

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you landed in Nov. 2009 and are going to return in April 2012, you will only have been outside Canada for 2 years and 5 months at the most. That is 29 months. You are allowed to stay outside Canada as a PR for up to 36 months (1095 days or 3 years) in your first 5 years as a PR. You will therefore still be able to meet the residency requirements in your first 5 years as a PR and they can not report you or deny you entry. They may however warn you that you can not spend much time outside Canada in the next couple of years.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
ttatta said:
I know the my questioned has been answered before , but I believe you guys understand my situation and worries .
please accept my highest consideration .

ttatta
I'm amazed at how frequently this question comes up. Poor Leon should have his stock answer plasticized for distribution.

In this case ttatta admits that he/she knows the answers have already been given, but rather than use the "search" box to find those answers, prefers to ask again. This takes Leon's concentration away from other, more critically-important questions that have NOT been answered already.

I know, Leon is not complaining, but it is in our interest to make sure he never tires of providing answers to those who truly need help. Obliging him to answer the same question over and over might tire him.

How to take some of this strain away from Leon? Perhaps direct the questioner to the Search box, even going so far as to suggest a specific search word. Maybe ttatta (and the many others to follow) did not know there is a search box.

But if Leon simply gives the answer again and again, there will be a endless parade of lazy bones.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Kudos to Leon's patience and dedication while responding to the many queries ! It's nice to be perceived as someone reliable and the "go-to" person !