+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

the application for a Registered Nurse in Canada Ontario

tony816

Mar 22, 2020
hi guys, I have a question about the application for a Registered Nurse in Canada Ontario. I just got the report form the NNAS, and now I apply to "Regulatory Body Ontario ". When I am doing the application, there are one requirements which is "Proof of Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residency or authorization to work in Canada." Do I have to be a citizenship, then I am able to apply for the RN in Canada Ontario? I am a RN working in United States current, my citizenship is Hong Kong.

Hope someone can share yours experiences
thank you
best regard

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
hi guys, I have a question about the application for a Registered Nurse in Canada Ontario. I just got the report form the NNAS, and now I apply to "Regulatory Body Ontario ". When I am doing the application, there are one requirements which is "Proof of Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residency or authorization to work in Canada." Do I have to be a citizenship, then I am able to apply for the RN in Canada Ontario? I am a RN working in United States current, my citizenship is Hong Kong.

Hope someone can share yours experiences
thank you
best regard
what is your status in Canada? OR in other words, do you have any status? are you present in Canada?

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
No, i dont have any status in Canada. I am working in United States current.
you may apply to Ontario regulator once you are either on a work permit or become a permanent resident. the Registrar, ( regulator) may however waive this condition but better to contact them directly.

tony816

Mar 22, 2020
you may apply to Ontario regulator once you are either on a work permit or become a permanent resident. the Registrar, ( regulator) may however waive this condition but better to contact them directly.
thank for the reply. The express entry program needs "certificate license"; The Ontario regulator needs "work permit or permanent resident". Its contradiction.

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
thank for the reply. The express entry program needs "certificate license"; The Ontario regulator needs "work permit or permanent resident". Its contradiction.
Yes, better you go With the regulatory body and ask them to clarify. Also not sure if you can go with NNAS report