+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary work permit - need help with proof of experience

Mar 8, 2024
Hi! I'm an illustrator and I got a job offer to work for a company in winnipeg. They already submitted the oficial job offer and and sent me de LMIA number A########

When applying for the temporary work permit, it ask me for proof of work experience. I have been self employed for the past 4 years as freelancer , but I have never written Invoices and I don't have paystubs. I do pay taxes monthly as I am subscribed in the system (I live in Argentina). I draw and send the files via email , they deposit in my bank account . My partner and I rent an office (he is also an illustrator) to receive our clients in a nice and comfortable place and we are on Google maps. What documents should I upload to proof my selfemployment? I don't have reference letters from an employer. I do have many clients, can they write a notarized letter?
Thank you for your help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! I'm an illustrator and I got a job offer to work for a company in winnipeg. They already submitted the oficial job offer and and sent me de LMIA number A########

When applying for the temporary work permit, it ask me for proof of work experience. I have been self employed for the past 4 years as freelancer , but I have never written Invoices and I don't have paystubs. I do pay taxes monthly as I am subscribed in the system (I live in Argentina). I draw and send the files via email , they deposit in my bank account . My partner and I rent an office (he is also an illustrator) to receive our clients in a nice and comfortable place and we are on Google maps. What documents should I upload to proof my selfemployment? I don't have reference letters from an employer. I do have many clients, can they write a notarized letter?
Thank you for your help
Would include financial proof that you worked as an illustrator but assume you may have a portfolio or an online portfolio that show prospective clients your body of work and where is was published as a freelancer. Do you have something similar?

Mar 8, 2024
Would include financial proof that you worked as an illustrator but assume you may have a portfolio or an online portfolio that show prospective clients your body of work and where is was published as a freelancer. Do you have something similar?
Yes, I do. I do have a portfolio and I am subscribed to the taxing system in my country. It does not work as canadian tax returns, but I can down load the card of the subscriptions that shows when I subscribed and the category of income. Should I write a letter explaining?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I do. I do have a portfolio and I am subscribed to the taxing system in my country. It does not work as canadian tax returns, but I can down load the card of the subscriptions that shows when I subscribed and the category of income. Should I write a letter explaining?
Hard to comment without knowing the system. Would look at the application guide flor examples or proof but financial statements may be the best option if shows payment from clients for example.

Mar 8, 2024
Hard to comment without knowing the system. Would look at the application guide flor examples or proof but financial statements may be the best option if shows payment from clients for example.
Bank statesments show many wore transfers, wouldn't know how to show its from clients, maybe have an accountant write a letter stating the deposits match the invoices? Would an accountant affidavit explaining the taxing system and that the deposits match with ckient payment work ?

Mar 8, 2024
Also, there is a part where I have to upload my certifications if the job I intent to do is regulated, but illustration is not, what should I upload, since it won't let me continue unless I upload something