+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Visitor

Kaca

Apr 14, 2020
Hi there my parents are in Canada currently on a multiple entry visa that expires in November 2020. We have submited extension visitor record until October 2020. Still waiting on decision if visitor record will be approved. Also last year in August 2019 we have submited Humanitarian and Compassionate application for my parents. Still waiting on decision. My question is what options we have to keep my parents to stay in Canada until we get final decision on humanitarian and compasionate application? Especialy now we don’t want my parents to go back home with this COVID-19 situation plus immigration might ask for additional documents to support the humanitarian and compasionate case. Any recomendation?

Kaca

Apr 14, 2020
We are renewing passports next week. We will probably discuss it with our lawyer.

thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are renewing passports next week. We will probably discuss it with our lawyer.

thanks
Many countries require you to have legal status in Canada in order to renew your passport from Canada which could create issues for your parents if they get refused. Do your parents have some sort of special circumstance which would require H&C. They are already not alone since they have each other in their home country. Someone posted this week that their parent got refused H&C. I think many are under the false impression that this is an easy way to get PR and that there are no consequences if refused.