+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary resident

Marianaa

Jun 3, 2015
1. In September 2003 I applied for a permanent resident visa in the skilled worker class. My application included my husband and my daughter.
2. In 2004, I gave birth to my son and added him to my application.
3. On November 20, 2005, my husband’s father suffered a stroke that left him mute and immobile. As the only son, my husband was responsible for his well-being.
4. In April 2006, my family and I received our permanent resident visas from the Canadian Embassy in Egypt and subsequently landed in Canada on August 6th 2006.
5. On August 11, 2006, my family and I returned to Egypt so that my husband could continue caring for his infirmed father.
6. From 2006 to 2009, my family and I returned to Canada for periods ranging from three to five weeks every year.
7. Throughout this time we deposited money in Canadian bank accounts.
8. In December 2010 my grandfather passed away. On the same month, my children and I moved to live in Canada (a move we had planned earlier to try to save our status in Canada). Upon our arrival to Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport in Montreal we were informed by the immigration officer that we had breached our residency obligation and that a departure order would be issued.
9. We appealed the aforementioned order on Jan 11, 2011 and continued to live in Canada, my kids went to school and I purchased a house on January 2012 for CAD$ 850,000 and my husband and I established businesses and made investments in Canada.
10. On September 5, 2013 and October 23, 2013, our appeal was heard by the immigration appeal board, in a decision rendered on November 5, 2013, it was dismissed. We were advised that if we do not leave within 30 days a deportation order will be filled against us. As my children were in the middle of the school year and were not enrolled in any school in Egypt; we went to the immigration office and gave in our passports. The immigration officer advised that we have the right to ask for a risk assessment of Egypt and to continue to live inside Canada until a decision is taken regarding this application or the end of the school year whichever happens first.
11. At the end of June 2014 my children school year ended. I cancelled my application for a risk assessment of Egypt and we left Canada on July 10th to return to live in Egypt.
12. Before leaving Canada we had submitted an appeal against the decision of the immigration appeal board.
13. We won the right to appeal the decision of the immigration appeal board and subsequently our lawyer appeared in court in August 2014 to appeal the decision of the immigration board.
14. Our appeal was dismissed few weeks ago (we have not received the details of this decision yet)

I applied for a temporary visa in April 2014, but I received a refusal letter which inidcates that I haven't satisfied that I would leave canada because of my history of having contravened condition of admission on a previous stay in canada.

Also as I am a person who was deemed a deported and therefore, cannot retrun to canada without the Minister's authorization.

my question which Minister and how would I obtain this authorization?

Thank you so much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to apply for Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

Marianaa

Jun 3, 2015
So, I don't need to contact any Minister, because the wrote the following phrase

You are a person who deemed deported and therefore, cannot return to Canada without the minister's authorization.

to if so can your provide me with reply to the following questions:

Which minister should I contact?
if you can help me the with the contacts of this minister?

thank you for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Marianaa said:
So, I don't need to contact any Minister, because the wrote the following phrase

You are a person who deemed deported and therefore, cannot return to Canada without the minister's authorization.

to if so can your provide me with reply to the following questions:

Which minister should I contact?
if you can help me the with the contacts of this minister?
The Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) process IS how you obtain the minister's approval to return.

Again, there is no minister to contact. You need to complete the ARC process.

Marianaa

Jun 3, 2015
Sorry for too many questions, but actually I can't find and specific ARC form, It directed me to a normal online application, so how can I apply for an ARC application?

Would you kindly also help me to find a contact number from the consulate to ask about all the procedures and all the issues regarding the ARC application as I can't find it in applying online from Egypt. If you know the process, please inform me.

Thank you for your efforts in advance and sorry again for asking for a lot of details.

thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Marianaa said:
Sorry for too many questions, but actually I can't find and specific ARC form, It directed me to a normal online application, so how can I apply for an ARC application?

Would you kindly also help me to find a contact number from the consulate to ask about all the procedures and all the issues regarding the ARC application as I can't find it in applying online from Egypt. If you know the process, please inform me.

Thank you for your efforts in advance and sorry again for asking for a lot of details.
The instructions on how to apply are provided on the link I gave you above. Scroll down until you see the "How to apply" section and follow the instructions there. I don't know of any consultants.

Marianaa

Jun 3, 2015
Thank you for your prompt reply. The issue is that the link does not have an application for ARC, it advises to apply through the normal temporary visitor application. So i am confused as where I should specify that i need to apply for ARC since it is not mentioned anywhere in the application. It also specifies that some countries have a specific form for ARC but there is no mention of which countries and whether Egypt has one or not. I am not able to reach the consulate in Egypt because it is closed and has been closed for few months now, so i am not sure who to ask. I would highly appreciate if you could help.

Thank you and best regards,
Mariana

AfricanPrncss

Jul 15, 2015
Hey Mariana, I feel so bad for you, that you went through all this and spent so much in Canada.
You might need to sit and read in great detail on ARC. Type: how to apply for ARC in Canada and search
Also calling immigration Canada might help.
All the best