+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa While awaiting Sponsorship outcome?!?!

Lisa_trinh

Jun 28, 2011
hi we currently about to apply for spousal sponsorship (once i get a court order permission to remove my son from my country England)
i just want to know if i apply for a temporary resident visa for my son would this entitle him to attend public school in Ontario??
we plan to apply for our spousal sponsorship visa in dec, but My Fiance's Working holiday visa expires in jan 2012 so we would plan to go to canada with him for up to 6 months (as i'm allowed to go to canada without a visa for up to 6months since i'm British) but i don't want to go there for 6months awaiting the outcome of our visa app without my 6 year old son being in school, i have called the embassy and they don't seem to want to answer me lol i've called and just get to a dead end and i' :-[ve emailed and just get links back to their website!
i really need to find this out as i do have a plan B which would be for us to go to canada for 1 month vacation but then would return alone back to the UK as my fiance has been advised he may have problems returning to the UK after holding a UK working holiday Visa but there lies the problem i am currently 36 weeks pregnant due this oct so would have a 3 month old baby who would have to travel with me so my fiance would miss out on the first few months of our child's life! :(

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I think your son can get admitted to any of school under the Toronto District School Board, when you get in there with a TRV for him.The TRV is usually allowed for a period of 6 months.

As per TDSB website (link given below):
"Children not born in Canada who are living in Toronto without Canadian immigration status are welcome and eligible to attend TDSB schools without payment of admission fees. Any document which verifies the student's legal name, date of birth, home address, custody papers where applicable, and date of entry to Canada ( required for ESL funding purposes), is acceptable for TDSB school registration. A passport ( travel document) may be used to verify the student's name, date of birth and date of entry to Canada, in the absence of an immigration document or birth certificate. Where there is no official document to verify the required information, the TDSB accepts written signed letters of confirmation of the student's information from lawyers, notary publics, medical doctors, or other persons of recognized standing in the Toronto community."

For more information:

http://www.tdsb.on.ca/