+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident visa (TRV) outside Canada with extended work permit

Yash@4

Mar 24, 2023
Hi,
I am on employer specific work permit in Canada since 2021 and got my work permit extension in Jan 2023. I didn't realize that I have to apply for TRV before leaving Canada and now I got stuck in India.
I got to know that I can apply TRV from India too and have to fill form IMM5257. Further, on filling the questionnaire list of supporting documents were generated but I am not sure about the following one

Proof of work permit exemption - not sure if its the right document as I am on employer specific work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am on employer specific work permit in Canada since 2021 and got my work permit extension in Jan 2023. I didn't realize that I have to apply for TRV before leaving Canada and now I got stuck in India.
I got to know that I can apply TRV from India too and have to fill form IMM5257. Further, on filling the questionnaire list of supporting documents were generated but I am not sure about the following one

Proof of work permit exemption - not sure if its the right document as I am on employer specific work permit.
So you would have the original LMIA or LMIA-exemption.

Reactions: Yash@4

Yash@4

Mar 24, 2023
Thank you so much for your reply. I have LMIA-exemption, should I upload that as a proof of work permit exemption?

Lovepunjab93

Nov 19, 2022
Hi,

Hi did you got your trv?