+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident visa approved, but the document is invalid

ANOUKA

Sep 13, 2022
Hello everyone!

I have applied for Canadian short stay visitors visa in December 2021. In March, 2022 I received an approval and original passport request. My visa is issued, but I was not able to fly. I was flying from Georgia via transit from Poland and the Polish border did not allow me on the plane. Next day my document status has changed to : "Your document is invalid" and it is already 6 months is not changing. When I am signing in my GC account there is shown that my visa is approved and no additional documents are required.
I have contacted IRCC several times, but did not get any explanation yet.
Does anyone have the same case? could you please advice what to do?

Thank you very much in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone!

I have applied for Canadian short stay visitors visa in December 2021. In March, 2022 I received an approval and original passport request. My visa is issued, but I was not able to fly. I was flying from Georgia via transit from Poland and the Polish border did not allow me on the plane. Next day my document status has changed to : "Your document is invalid" and it is already 6 months is not changing. When I am signing in my GC account there is shown that my visa is approved and no additional documents are required.

How long ago did you contact IRCC? I'm not sure you have much choice but to wait for an answer.

ANOUKA

Sep 13, 2022
I have contacted IRCC several times. The only response was that they are processing my application, but nothing more. Does this mean that my visa is cancelled?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have contacted IRCC several times. The only response was that they are processing my application, but nothing more. Does this mean that my visa is cancelled?
This essentially means the approval was cancelled and they are reviewing your application further for some reason. If you haven't done so already you may want to order GCMS notes to see the details of your case.

ANOUKA

Sep 13, 2022
This essentially means the approval was cancelled and they are reviewing your application further for some reason. If you haven't done so already you may want to order GCMS notes to see the details of your case.
How can I order GCMS notes? Could you please give some advices? Thanks a lot for responding ❤

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How can I order GCMS notes? Could you please give some advices? Thanks a lot for responding ❤
Google GCMS notes. The information is easy to find.

Any chance you failed to declare a visa refusal from another country?

infinitrix

Apr 22, 2021
Hey did you got any update on it?
I am facing a similar issue

I filed for my mother's visitor visa from India and got the PPR on 4 Dec and sent the passport to VFS last week for stamping.
Today I checked her GCKey - visa status is 'Approved', the counterfoil is till a day before her passport expires but in the counterfoil status it is showing "Your document is invalid".

Has anyone faced this before or any suggestions what should I do as her visa status is approved yet the counterfoil document is invalid. I don't know why!

Please help.

Shadshadak

May 15, 2022
Hi,
We also have similar issue. We applied for a temporary resident visa for my friend to visit his brother. The application was approved and the visa was issued and stamped on his passport. After approximately one month received a message in his CIC account mentioning that the visa has been invalidated and can no longer be used to travel to Canada and the file has been assigned to an officer to review. After one month we have not received any further updates on the case. how we must follow up the matter? Where should we send an email to?

MARRYGOLD

Mar 4, 2021
Hello everyone!

Did your matter sort our