+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary registry of residential address

mitzrecords

Feb 21, 2012
Hello,

i obtained my PR 3 years ago and i have been living in Montreal, QC.

two weeks ago, my father passed away and i came back to my home country(japan).

right now, my family is sorting out our inhenritance. however, my local city hall requested to have my signature proof. but since i live in Canada, i dont have registary of residential address to obtain my signature proof.

my local city hall mentioned to apply for registry of residential address to Japan for temporary to obtain my signature proof. and then remove my registry of residential address right after before i return to montreal end of this month.

my question is that Is there anything I should worry about for losing my permanent residency. i researched but only thing I could find was I just need to be in Canada phisically total of 2 years out of 5 years period. but im just worried about losing medical care etc.

please let me know whether it is ok to do this temporary registry of residential address for a week or so.

thank you so much.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada has absolutely no idea if you register yourself as living in other countries or not. Besides, you can live outside Canada for up to 3 years without affecting your PR. You will not lose health care as long as you stay in your province for at least 6 months a year.

mitzrecords

Feb 21, 2012
leon, thank you so much for reply.

I actually sent email to manilla office as well. now that they know I guess.

But whether they know or not. it wont be problem then right? i guess i was being paranoid.

thank you so much for reply. I really appreciate it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if they know, it is not a problem. You may live outside Canada for up to 3 years in every 5 without losing your PR.