Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Hello,
I’m searching apartment hotels of some sort in Toronto or surrounding where one can stay temporarily for weeks or months I.e. studio6 is a place like that with two locations in Toronto. They should be cheaper than hotels based on that you're staying a longer time. I need my own kitchen and bathroom.

Any resources would be helpful!
PS I am not looking into Airbnb as I need something more reliable.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hello,
I’m searching apartment hotels of some sort in Toronto or surrounding where one can stay temporarily for weeks or months I.e. studio6 is a place like that with two locations in Toronto. They should be cheaper than hotels based on that you're staying a longer time. I need my own kitchen and bathroom.

Any resources would be helpful!
PS I am not looking into Airbnb as I need something more reliable.
https://www.viewit.ca/VwDefault.aspx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You want the best of both worlds. A shorter lease but also less expensive than AirBnB. There may be some landlords willing to do short rentals. They will likely be basements. It is not worth the hassle and work to have a renter for a few months. You could also consider renting a room in someone’s house once you have finished your quarantine.

ArchShiroyi

Jun 16, 2020
Dear All
I am a single parent (with an 8 year old), a professional performing artist , currently preparing to immigrate to Canada from India. Realistically we should reach early 2022. Once , Im there I need to find a modest, reasonably priced small apartment on rent around the city, so public transportation (metro, subways) is easily accessible. And I need to find work in any field around the city (id imagine there would be more options finding work around the city side? ) I was told finding something around "Davisville" would be the most connected. I wonder if someone could provide more info on rents in this area. Would I be able to find something around 1500/-C$ ? Is it a safe neighborhood for parent-child living?
Thanks so much

Archana

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All
I am a single parent (with an 8 year old), a professional performing artist , currently preparing to immigrate to Canada from India. Realistically we should reach early 2022. Once , Im there I need to find a modest, reasonably priced small apartment on rent around the city, so public transportation (metro, subways) is easily accessible. And I need to find work in any field around the city (id imagine there would be more options finding work around the city side? ) I was told finding something around "Davisville" would be the most connected. I wonder if someone could provide more info on rents in this area. Would I be able to find something around 1500/-C$ ? Is it a safe neighborhood for parent-child living?
Thanks so much

Archana
Do you qualify for PR? It can be quite hard to qualify as an artist. It is too early to know what rental prices will be in 2 years.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
What do you mean by temporarily long term? If you sign a lease its for a year. After that if you wish you could move out.

https://www.getwhatyouwant.ca/guide/renting-in-toronto-guide-for-tenants#The_Lease
What I mean is that I cannot sign up for one year lease, I need to be able to give notice one month ahead, for instance. I can commit to smth like 3 months, but not longer to begin with. Atst I would like to have the opportunity to stay longer should I want to. It may be asking alot, but that is our needs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear All
Thanks so much

Archana
Davisville is a very expensive area. $1500 is an unrealistic budget.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What I mean is that I cannot sign up for one year lease, I need to be able to give notice one month ahead, for instance. I can commit to smth like 3 months, but not longer to begin with. Atst I would like to have the opportunity to stay longer should I want to. It may be asking alot, but that is our needs.
Airbnb is your best bet if you don't want to sign a year lease.

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
You want the best of both worlds. A shorter lease but also less expensive than AirBnB. There may be some landlords willing to do short rentals. They will likely be basements. It is not worth the hassle and work to have a renter for a few months. You could also consider renting a room in someone’s house once you have finished your quarantine.
I don't mind airbnb price range, I saw cheaper rates we would be able to afford. However I am sceptical to airbnb as a system. It's easy to fake a reference.
Do you have any good websites for finding rentals where short rentals might be possible ? Would love to stay in condo like buildings, but understand those might ask for long term lease

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even with 1 year lease, tenants can give a month notice to move out especially in BC during this pandemic!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't mind airbnb price range, I saw cheaper rates we would be able to afford. However I am sceptical to airbnb as a system. It's easy to fake a reference.
Do you have any good websites for finding rentals where short rentals might be possible ? Would love to stay in condo like buildings, but understand those might ask for long term lease
Airbnb is still your best bet. If you think references are easy to fake there, any other site we can give you is going to be far worse. At least airbnb has a corporate structure to back you up if things go really wrong.