+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temperature in apartment (Toronto)

cristib

Aug 3, 2021
I was wondering what is the temperature in an normal apartment building in Toronto. Is it the same temperature for every apartment or can be set for each apartment? If so, what are the limits? We are used with 23 degrees Celsius in winter, I am hoping I can have same in Canada.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
The normal temperature is whatever you decide. We are quite a modern country where we can change temperature in our houses and apartments individually.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You set if for what you want. Are you paying for your heat or is it included? If not included, you will have sticker shock when you get your first heating bill.

cristib

Aug 3, 2021
I am not there yet. I am asking to know what I can expect. I don't remember any of my friends living in apartment buildings having the possibility to change the temperature in their apartment. I am talking about buildings with rental apartments, not about condos. And the heating was included in rent. But that was 20 years ago. I don't know how are the things now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not there yet. I am asking to know what I can expect. I don't remember any of my friends living in apartment buildings having the possibility to change the temperature in their apartment. I am talking about buildings with rental apartments, not about condos. And the heating was included in rent. But that was 20 years ago. I don't know how are the things now.
You have control if renting an apartment or condo unless you are in a home (where the owner may set the temp). Not all rentals include utilities.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
You have control if renting an apartment or condo unless you are in a home (where the owner may set the temp). Not all rentals include utilities.
I live in an apartment, and have no control over the heating. It's set for the entire building the same. The building is a little old, so maybe that's why. Anyway, the heater is set to 23C I believe. I like it warmer, so I use an additional electric heater.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I live in an apartment, and have no control over the heating. It's set for the entire building the same. The building is a little old, so maybe that's why. Anyway, the heater is set to 23C I believe. I like it warmer, so I use an additional electric heater.
So yes older buildings may have control over buildings. Do you pay for utilities?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Keeping a home at 23C will be pretty expensive especially if you have electrical heat. Much easier to put on a sweater.