+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp Work Permit while on H1-B

oracle

Jun 23, 2010
Hi All,

I am working in USA on H1-B and have a job offer from a Canadian employer. I am planning to apply for Canadian Temp work permit in person.

However, I only have a copy of my current H-1B transfer approval notice (I-797) - the original is with my US employer. Do I need to have the original I-797 for applying to the Canadian work permit or the attested copy of it would be sufficient?

I would really appreciate any pointers!

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

oracle said:
Hi All,

I am working in USA on H1-B and have a job offer from a Canadian employer. I am planning to apply for Canadian Temp work permit in person.

However, I only have a copy of my current H-1B transfer approval notice (I-797) - the original is with my US employer. Do I need to have the original I-797 for applying to the Canadian work permit or the attested copy of it would be sufficient?

I would really appreciate any pointers!

Thanks
"When all else fails, read the instructions"

1. See: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/permit_work-travail_permis.aspx?lang=eng
2. If you are in the United States with temporary status, please provide:

* Your US Non-Immigrant Visa, (whether it is in your current passport or an expired passport)
* The original I-94 card issued by US authorities at the time of your entry into the US,
* The original document issued to you by US authorities to confer that status (e.g.: SEVIS I-20 or DS-2019 or I-797 form).