+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tell ur story..

namrata

Nov 15, 2009
Hi,

I've been on this site for only a few weeks, and the help & support I have derived from it is huge. It not only helps to allievate apprehensions, it also helps to just get emotional support from people in the same situation as you, regardless of age, caste, creed, religion or geographical disparities.

I am an Indian citizen who fell in love with a Canadian citizen in the summer of 2008 :). Little did I relaise that the trials & tribulations of a regular relationship (difficult enough as is), would be pepperred with visa woes & immigration worries! I tried to visit my husband on a visitors visa 3 times in the last year & a half, but was refused every time, even thoguh I had a 10 year multiple entry visa to the US and have travelled to pretty much every country in the world! It was so frustrating that it drove me to tears often! My husband visited me in India, but given the distance & expense we only managed 3 visits between the 2 of us.

Now - I'm happy to say - I'm at the last stage of the immigration process. I have received my PPR and have sent my passport to New Delhi with a UK Police clearance (I lived there for 4 years) for my PR stamp. I am excited, apprehensive, impatient, happy & moody all at once.. but most importantly, I've managed to get through these last few weeks with all the help I have received on this site.

Please post your story here if you wish to tell it.. if you need any advice.. or simply for emotional support. This site really helped me, and maybe it will help you too :)

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
namrata, I read your post on another thread and just want to say that my husband was the same way (about if Canada doesn't accept us, someone will!!) Even down to getting a raft and sailing out into the ocean where were aren't bound by countries. I'm so sorry your struggles were so difficult... but you perservered and got your PPR!!! Congrats!!! I've shared my story a few times here, but I will post on this as well.

I met my husband in 2003 when we were 15/16 on a diary website. I always joke that I hit the "random" button and there he was. And we fell in love instantly, never forgot about each other (did remain friends for awhile during the high school years, as it's hard to have a LDR at that age). He was in another state in the US at this time and I thought the LDR was rough THEN, haha! He was illegal in the US. We started dating in 2007, I moved to his state, a year later he moved to mine.

We thought his mom was handling his case in the US. (But she wasn't informed... would just send documents to the US Govt. and hope for the best... eek.) She left Canada with her kids and left them all illegal in the US. And when we went to Canada in April and tried to return to the US... 5 hours of interrogation later, he was refused entry. I never cried so hard in my life. We had a life together, it was a day before my birthday... I remember the border officer being the coldest I've ever seen anyone. I know it was her job, but he is my world, and I will never forget the heartbreak of that moment.

He was all alone in Canada, new country for him, no job, no place to live. Luckily he had his sister who still lives in Canada to help him out, and now he is okay. But for a long time things were really hard. And so we decided to get married this October (had a BEAUTIFUL wedding and reception... at Casa Loma, no less! It's a castle in Toronto). And had our honeymoon at Niagara Falls. I promised him I'd fight for us, and here I am.

I never thought I would have to immigrate anywhere, or even deal with someone who had to go through the process on a romantic level. I'm from a small town, everyone knows everyone sort of thing, you just don't see that coming when you're growing up here! But here it is, and I'm better off for it. I've met a lot of great people throughout the process and learned so much. I wish all of you nothing but the best. It's nice to have this forum where you're truly not alone.