+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Teaching Job

julie2

Feb 10, 2006
Hello:
I am a teacher and would like to migrate to Canada. I would like to find out what it is like for teachers in Canada. Is it easy to get jobs and what is the process of finding jobs?

Thanks a million.

Andrei

Star Member
Jun 27, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
julie2,

I have relatives living in Ontario. From them I heard that teachers are in a very high demand in Canada.

I have not made any research about it, not I saw actual scientific data. It's what I heard from people living there.

Andrei

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Andrei said:
julie2,

I have relatives living in Ontario. From them I heard that teachers are in a very high demand in Canada.

I have not made any research about it, not I saw actual scientific data. It's what I heard from people living there.

Andrei
First of all check out the web site of the province where you wish to teach and see what hoops you will have to jump through to be certified. Most provinces will require that you take at least 1 year of teachers training. Note that it is very unlikely once you qualify to get a full time teaching position in the cities. Most teachers start out as substitutes in the various districts. See: http://www.cicic.ca/professions/4142en.asp for each provinces requirements.

PMM

Angie

Jan 12, 2006
Also check out www.applytoteach.com thats where many school boards select prospective candidates from.

In our city in Ontario, a 'supply' teacher gets $7 an hour.

feline

Jan 31, 2007
My classmate's mom was a teacher and immigrated to Canada. To qualify, she has study a few more subjects but in her age, going back to the classroom as a student has never been the same. Ended up studying Caregiving and is now working as a Care Aid in a nursing home for 3 years now.

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
I think teachers are in as great a demand in as they are anywhere, but you might have to look into the qualifications to make sure you qualify.

Hopefully

Mar 5, 2007
Hi everyone, am a qualified french teacher whose first language is english and am planning to visit canada in the next couple of months, is there anything i can look out for during my visit which may eventually help me in migrating to canada in the future

craig53

Feb 1, 2006
I can tell you that at least for Prince Edward Island and I think Ontario too the requirement is a 2 year teaching degree in addition to your 4-year bachelors'. That must be recognised by the provincial government and some provinces are more open to outside credentials than others.