Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2020
Doc's Request.
08-07-2020
IELTS Request
26-02-2020
QUick question: I got the invitation for PR using FSW and i am in the process of getting my employment verification letter: I am getting employment verification from my department advisor about my teaching assistant positions. I was a TA in every quarter the 1st 3 years of my grad school. Except for the fall quarter course, all the other course was different course and they were all different hours i worked.

I did Course A in Fall 12, 13, 14 for 20 hours a week
I did COurse B in winter of 13 for 15 hours a week
I did course C in Spring 13 for 10 hours a week.

Should i provide one blanketted TA employment letter from Fall 12 to Fall 14 and then write how many hours i worked? or Should i do 1 employment letter for each course for different hours worked?

htnakum

Jul 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2020
Doc's Request.
08-07-2020
IELTS Request
26-02-2020
Thanks
How many employers did you have during that period? If one, one work experience letter breaking out hours etc. If more than one . . . more letters.
thanks , it’s the same department I was employed to but different professors were teaching that class

htnakum

Jul 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2020
Doc's Request.
08-07-2020
IELTS Request
26-02-2020
Letter comes from the department not the faculty members, no?
Yes i agree. The problem is , All the positions are not 20 hours/week. Each has different hours/ week. I can get one employment verification with the hours worked for each position but how do i use it for my work history in the CRC website. It clearly asked what are the hours i worked for this position?

htnakum

Jul 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2020
Doc's Request.
08-07-2020
IELTS Request
26-02-2020
Did you provide the average? I'm in a similar boat. What did you end up putting in EE form?
So after some digging, I averaged my fte for all the semesters or quarters I worked and out them in the main form and when I got the employment verification form my department, I explain my reasoning and provided the fte for each course I taed. I assume u can do that for research experience as well

Reactions: Linalin

Linalin

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
So after some digging, I averaged my fte for all the semesters or quarters I worked and out them in the main form and when I got the employment verification form my department, I explain my reasoning and provided the fte for each course I taed. I assume u can do that for research experience as well
Thanks so much! I wonder how I should average something that's still ongoing hmm. My dilemma is that I have been alternating between TA and RA for a couple of years with different work hours, and I have been working as purely an RA for the last 3 years. I don't even know if it's worth putting in breakdown of hours since with >6 years of at least 15 hours/week I get 3 years immediately. But now the question is how to express that in employment verification letter

htnakum

Jul 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2020
Doc's Request.
08-07-2020
IELTS Request
26-02-2020
Thanks so much! I wonder how I should average something that's still ongoing hmm. My dilemma is that I have been alternating between TA and RA for a couple of years with different work hours, and I have been working as purely an RA for the last 3 years. I don't even know if it's worth putting in breakdown of hours since with >6 years of at least 15 hours/week I get 3 years immediately. But now the question is how to express that in employment verification letter
Good luck! I am not sure how to do that but I do know that they ( Canadian immigration officers) are understanding, so if u explain it should be good.

Reactions: Linalin

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Hello, may you tell me the outcome of your application? I want to know if it's possible to apply for FSW when done a teaching assistant job position?