+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TD given without meeting RO, Can PR card renewal is dangerous

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Hi

One of my Friend went to Pakistan to complete her medical education and subsequently got married with a class fellow, here whole family and siblings live in Canada and are Citizen now. When she went out she was 23yrs and her RO standing was just around 450 days. Long story short, she applied for TD after PR card expiry and she got TD documents after 1 1/2 years.

Now She is back expecting a baby in November, 2014 and has intention to Sponsor her husband, I asked her not to sponsor her Husband unless she complete her 730 days but she is of opinion since she has given TD by Islamabad Pakistan after thorough investigation so it means she is good to sponsor and apply for PR renewal.

Is she has right understanding $$

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
HHH2000 said:
Hi

One of my Friend went to Pakistan to complete her medical education and subsequently got married with a class fellow, here whole family and siblings live in Canada and are Citizen now. When she went out she was 23yrs and her RO standing was just around 450 days. Long story short, she applied for TD after PR card expiry and she got TD documents after 1 1/2 years.

Now She is back expecting a baby in November, 2014 and has intention to Sponsor her husband, I asked her not to sponsor her Husband unless she complete her 730 days but she is of opinion since she has given TD by Islamabad Pakistan after thorough investigation so it means she is good to sponsor and apply for PR renewal.

Is she has right understanding $$
There has to be much more to this story than you have stated. There is no way that a PRTD should take 1.5 years to process. Was it finally granted for H&C reasons? What is the full timeline?

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Zardoz,

Yes exactly, this is to my surprize also, I never heard any such TD success story, I will try to get the full story. I will check with her if she is given PRTD on H & C grounds.

Just in case if given on H&C ground does it means she is save all the way and she can apply for Sponsorship?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
HHH2000 said:
Zardoz,

Yes exactly, this is to my surprize also, I never heard any such TD success story, I will try to get the full story. I will check with her if she is given PRTD on H & C grounds.

Just in case if given on H&C ground does it means she is save all the way and she can apply for Sponsorship?
IF she managed to get H&C grounds, it puts her in a better position because she can apply for renewal on H&C grounds on the basis that the PRTD was granted under H&C. It's NOT 100% foolproof but it's certainly better than nothing. IF renewal is granted, then she should be able to sponsor with no serious problems.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
zardoz said:
IF she managed to get H&C grounds, it puts her in a better position because she can apply for renewal on H&C grounds on the basis that the PRTD was granted under H&C. It's NOT 100% foolproof but it's certainly better than nothing. IF renewal is granted, then she should be able to sponsor with no serious problems.
Now according to her, she didn't claim any H&C, she was asked for documents twice by ISB Canadian Consulate, first they asked for prove of her claim that she came back to finish her Medical education otherwise she couldn't have degree in Medicine (She came Canada without final year exam and house job), they sent her the letter stating that she should prove why she should be given the TD, she justify sending the documents of her ties (parents and sibling details) in Canada and her Canadian jobs letter, pay stubs etc., before leaving Canada last time she worked for 8 months for a departmental store in Calgary, the consulate kept quite for 5 months then they asked her to send the Police clearance and Passport together. They returned the passport after one month with IM-1 visa.

One thing she said that her days today in last five years is still around 570 days (not 450 days as she said earlier).

Now what could be the best advice for her. She has her Husband back home and she apparently desperate to sponsor him.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HHH2000 said:
Now according to her, she didn't claim any H&C, she was asked for documents twice by ISB Canadian Consulate, first they asked for prove of her claim that she came back to finish her Medical education otherwise she couldn't have degree in Medicine (She came Canada without final year exam and house job), they sent her the letter stating that she should prove why she should be given the TD, she justify sending the documents of her ties (parents and sibling details) in Canada and her Canadian jobs letter, pay stubs etc., before leaving Canada last time she worked for 8 months for a departmental store in Calgary, the consulate kept quite for 5 months then they asked her to send the Police clearance and Passport together. They returned the passport after one month with IM-1 visa.

One thing she said that her days today in last five years is still around 570 days (not 450 days as she said earlier).

Now what could be the best advice for her. She has her Husband back home and she apparently desperate to sponsor him.
I dont think IM-1 is a PRDT. And why did they ask for police records? Are you sure this was not a new application? I dont think she is telling you the full story, or maybe she doesnt get that she actually lost her PR status and applied again and got approved.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
CanV said:
I dont think IM-1 is a PRDT. And why did they ask for police records? Are you sure this was not a new application? I dont think she is telling you the full story, or maybe she doesnt get that she actually lost her PR status and applied again and got approved.
Frankly, I am not sure to anything, I am going to visit her soon and sure would like to see her passport, as she ready to discuss and show me the passport's visa. I also advice her to see an immigration lawyer for her husband sponsorship but don't get trapped with any fraud lawyer.

Sometimes people want solution/ advice without giving the full story, interesting story I am curious to follow. I also doubt she has IM-1 visa without medical (she is also expecting in November, 2014) or some mistake from visa issuing authority writing IM-1.