+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taxes in Canada???????

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Leon said:
In most case the kids cost you more than the taxes which is the reason for the tax discount in the first place :)
In Europe for first kid the gov pay some, for second kid they double and for third kid around 4 times to the first kid. Is there any thing like that.
If that is the case I may have atleast a dozen kids and I will stop working and take care of them and make sure they will be good Canadian citizens(1 scientist, 1 politician, 1 actor, 1 actress, 1 business man, and 1 social worker......LOL............

I wanted to be one in above categories..but not lucky and no fate..atleast my kids

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, or it's also possible that your dozen kids would have a dozen kids each and all live on child benefits ;)

Actually, it's not really like that in Canada. You don't get too much extra money for having kids. You just pay a bit less in taxes. You still have to make the money to pay (or not pay) taxes off. I think the European system is nicer. The single people can afford to pay a bit more in taxes, they still have a lot left over. The people with kids need it more.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I've seen many jobs in Alberta and other places in Canada where the companies offer salary + cost of living allowance (COLA) which is around 12K per year... Do you happen to know if COLA is taxable? is it paid per year, monthly, etc...

Thanks

A

Albertagoverner

ingegarcia said:
I've seen many jobs in Alberta and other places in Canada where the companies offer salary + cost of living allowance (COLA) which is around 12K per year... Do you happen to know if COLA is taxable? is it paid per year, monthly, etc...

Thanks
Even it is taxable it is great because once you have government to give you rights, healthcare and security.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you'd have to ask the employer. I looked on the CRA website and couldn't find anything on it. I would assume it's taxable though as it's a part of your salary.

gauravbt

Star Member
Feb 6, 2010
New York ,USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York,NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 9,2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 12,2010
AOR Received.
Oct 20,2010
IELTS Request
Feb 12,2010
File Transfer...
Feb 18,2010
Med's Request
Dec 06,2011
Med's Done....
Dec 14,2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 01,2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 16,2012
LANDED..........
April 28,2012
  • Looking at the tax structure in Canada,it doesnt seem to be a major difference from USA.Although it surely is different from countries like India,where you can save taxes by investing in variety of things,but people from USA wont find it difficult to settle here as far as taxes and facilities are concerned.
    The Gas prices seems much higher in Canada than in US.
    The wages in canada seems to be 20% less than what we get in US.
My above assumptions are based on the posts in various forums.If anybody else can commend

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Yeah, or it's also possible that your dozen kids would have a dozen kids each and all live on child benefits ;)

Actually, it's not really like that in Canada. You don't get too much extra money for having kids. You just pay a bit less in taxes. You still have to make the money to pay (or not pay) taxes off. I think the European system is nicer. The single people can afford to pay a bit more in taxes, they still have a lot left over. The people with kids need it more.
Hi,

What is the criteria / conditions for getting state grants for kids?

Plz share.

Thanks.