+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Take online citizenship test on December 3, 2021

mitesh8746

May 17, 2017
Hello Guys,

I have taken my test on December 3, 2021 and I still not hear anything from CIC. It is almost 5 months. Is it normal? Is that any way I can contact them I tried to reach out to 1888-242-2100 and every time I call them, I hear we are busy please try again later. Please advise

nvteja

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Check the email ID that you got the test invitation from. If it has SCR that’s Scarborough

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hello Guys,

I have taken my test on December 3, 2021 and I still not hear anything from CIC. It is almost 5 months. Is it normal? Is that any way I can contact them I tried to reach out to 1888-242-2100 and every time I call them, I hear we are busy please try again later. Please advise
You have not specified what your other statuses are such as background, criminality etc. Also your original application date. Your local IRCC office (typically the town/city you live in unless you've changed address on file after applying) also determines the speed of processing to an extent.

IRCC has a very wide range of processing times. Sometimes you get Decision Made really quick other times, really slow.

If you provide the above info here or in the threads specific to your month of application/location of application you'll get higher quality answers and comparison of processing times.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
You can also use the search and advanced search functions on the top righthand corner of this site to locate those threads specific to your scenario and discuss with your closer peers.

If you're waiting very long, you can order GCMS notes (search how to order gcms notes on the citizenship forum). GCMS notes will provide you some additional details from ircc internal systems. Some people use webforms to ask IRCC to expedite. You an also search for how to ask for urgent processing but for that you need to have a very specific reason and proof such as an employment offer that requires citizenship.

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
I've done my test in November (Montreal). I also haven't heard back after passing the test. My application is, I believe, quite straightforward. So, you're not alone.