+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

T4, NOA issue

John_S

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Hi - I am Jan 2014 applicant.

I am currently in USA and I am planning to send my PCC and T4 to CIC this week.

I don't have NOA yet. I filed my tax return, but looks like I will receive NOA after 2 months.

As per Tax person, since I moved out of Canada they have to mail the tax document (instead of E-file) and hence it will take 2 months to get NOA.

How important is this NOA and will this cause any delay in PR processing. Please guide..

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
NOA & T4 is consider important document to prove that you were in employee-employer relation not self-employed. You can email CIC your PCC & T4, and attach a cover letter mentioning that you will submit NOA when it is available. You have nothing to worry about. :)

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
John_S said:

I don't have NOA yet. I filed my tax return, but looks like I will receive NOA after 2 months.

As per Tax person, since I moved out of Canada they have to mail the tax document (instead of E-file) and hence it will take 2 months to get NOA.

How important is this NOA and will this cause any delay in PR processing. Please guide..
No worries, I filed my tax 10 days ago and surprise: NOA was waiting in the mail today. So its not even close to that 2 months period

pklame

Jan 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-14-2014
AOR Received.
04-17-2014
ljiljka007 said:
No worries, I filed my tax 10 days ago and surprise: NOA was waiting in the mail today. So its not even close to that 2 months period
paper filing might take longer time

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
John_S said:

This link should help http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/t4-without-noa-t191179.0.html

John_S

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Hi,

I received NOA for last year. Do I need to courier this to CIC or email the scan copy is sufficient? Please confirm.

Also - My daughter's passport got renewed recently. Do I need to courier the copy of passport or emailing scan copy is sufficient? Please confirm.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
John_S said:
Hi,

I received NOA for last year. Do I need to courier this to CIC or email the scan copy is sufficient? Please confirm.

Also - My daughter's passport got renewed recently. Do I need to courier the copy of passport or emailing scan copy is sufficient? Please confirm.
Email the scanned copies of NOA & Passport. It doesn't have to be original or true copy

John_S

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Also - My daughter's passport got renewed recently and I am emailing copy of new passport to CIC.
Do I need to email the copy of expired passport as well?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
John_S said:
Also - My daughter's passport got renewed recently and I am emailing copy of new passport to CIC.
Do I need to email the copy of expired passport as well?
I suppose you already sent photocopy of your daughters old passport with you application. Why to send it again? But, if you feel like sending it just send along with photocopies of new passport. All they will do with old copies is disregard it if they don't find it necessary.