+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

System doesn't allow for applying for Visitor Record

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Hi - I and my wife are Canadian PRs. Our baby was born in India. We got him on visitor visa to Canada. I am filing for his PR next week, but it's going to be 5 month in 2 days since he has been in Canada. I need to apply for 'Visitor Record' by tomorrow, but system doesn't give me that as an option. After signing in with GC key and filling in the necessary info, it gives me only the below outcome:

Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicate(s) whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.

Family Class: Spouses, Partners and Dependents (Outside Canada)
You may be eligible to come to Canada through Family Class Sponsorship.

It doesn't give any other option. My son is 1 year old. I am just wondering if I need to apply for visitor record. If yes, how to go about it. Any input will be highly appreciated. I have only a day to apply for it.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You can apply for visitor record as long as his visitor status is still valid. So it's 6 months, not 1 whole months before his stay expires.
They suggested to apply one month before but it's OK to apply later. (as long as his status is still valid)

I don't know the exact steps to apply for vistior record. But did you use your UCI or his UCI? Same question for the GC key, is that his? Or yours?

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
You can apply for visitor record as long as his visitor status is still valid. So it's 6 months, not 1 whole months before his stay expires.
They suggested to apply one month before but it's OK to apply later. (as long as his status is still valid)

I don't know the exact steps to apply for vistior record. But did you use your UCI or his UCI? Same question for the GC key, is that his? Or yours?
Thanks for your response. He doesn't have a UCI yet. He was on a visitor visa. I created a new GC key for him while i tried to fill up the form.

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Doesn't visitor visa has a UCI?
Just checked and looks like visitor visa has a UCI. Sorry, wasn't aware of it. Visitor visa was filed by the consultant. But while I was trying to apply for the visitor record, it didn't ask for uci and based on my responses, it gave the message posted in my original message.

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Just checked and looks like visitor visa has a UCI. Sorry, wasn't aware of it. Visitor visa was filed by the consultant. But while I was trying to apply for the visitor record, it didn't ask for uci and based on my responses, it gave the message posted in my original message.
Here are the steps I followed -

1. after signing in with GC key I selected ' Apply to come to Canada' on the page https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/home
2. Selected the option - "Visitor Visa/study and/or work permit"
3. What would you like to do in Canada?
Ans: Move there
4. How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Ans: Permanently
5. What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada
Ans: Canada
6. What is your main reason to want to come to Canada?
Ans: Join my family in Canada.