05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear
I am Syrian married civil engineer
Living in Syria

The situation is very bad and I could not go for other country

Can I apply for asylum
To apply for asylum, you have two options. You must either leave Syria for another country and be recognized as a refugee by UNCHR once you are there. UNHCR will then decide where to resettle you - this may be to Canada or it may be to a different country.

The other option is to apply for a tourist visa to Canada and then claim asylum once you arrive in Canada. It will likely be quite difficult for you to obtain a tourist visa since you are from Syria (to be approved for a tourist visa, you must show you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term).

Unfortunately there is no way for you to apply for asylum from Syria.

Reactions: andy.keeling

ismalcheikh

Feb 2, 2019
Good day mates,

I have one query if you don't mind,

My brother graduated from Syria as a dentist in 2016 and he is still there studying masters. He was born and raised in UAE till 2011. Can he apply for express entry? Or are there any obstacles because he is in Syria?

Thanks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Shouldn’t be anything that prevents him from applying. He probably wouldn’t be able to work as a dentist for several years, until his degree is assessed and he passes the qualifying exams in Canada. Canuk78 has a far better grasp of the hurdles related to medical professionals have coming to Canada. Perhaps they will chime in if you need more information.

Reactions: sss12345

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He'll have to check to see if his CRS score is over 440 but yes he can try and apply for express entry. He would have to get relicensed to become a practicing dentist. There are quite a few dentist that immigrate yearly but there isn't a huge demand for dentists in most areas so whether he eventually works as a dentist he would have to see. He can work in other jobs. He needs work experience to apply which doesn't sound like he has. I would look up the express entry programs.