LaylaAmin

Jan 23, 2019
Yes. Rejected.

Reasons:
- current immigration status in country of residence
- purpose of visit
- employment prospects in country of residence
- employment history

Will keep trying to reapply as I have plenty of time ahead.

Hey! I'm so sorry. I'm a Syrian here too and I'm wondering what happened to your application??! Do you have insight about Syrian study permits in general? I wanna apply for master's in engineering but I haven't met a syrian who got it.

LaylaAmin

Jan 23, 2019
The issue is not with Canadians but with those who go on a study permit of Tourism visas and ask for asylum. That's when a visa become harder for a certain nation. I believe you know this piece of information already.

Anyway, I am so happy with the news you brought me that you know people who got accepted personally. I would really like to know the breakpoint where they accept or reject the visa. My brother will be going to college next year. I am going on EE and I would want him to go and study in Canada.

Please keep us updated with your application. If ever you know, how those guys made the Visa officer feel secure about approving this visa please do let me know. Obviously, some good cash in the bank and employment letters of the father are no more that valuable.

Hey I'm a Syrian who wants to study in Canada and I hope you got your student visa!! Do you have any updates for us?!?!

Dirki

Aug 2, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Hey! I'm so sorry. I'm a Syrian here too and I'm wondering what happened to your application??! Do you have insight about Syrian study permits in general? I wanna apply for master's in engineering but I haven't met a syrian who got it.
Marhaba,

I'm in process of applying again. Hopefully this week I will send in the application again.

Where are you applying from?

bbb_69

Sep 13, 2018
Hello everyone,

I suggest you all relax and take it easy. As long as you provide the necessary documents, prove that you have enough money to support yourself, and have a convincing case, you'll get approved. I applied back in mid-December and got my visa in mid-January.

There are many misconceptions when it comes to these applications. Simply put, many people think that it's all about how much cash you have at hand and what passport you hold. You just need to prove that you have enough resources for your stay in Canada, and merely explain why you're choosing Canada/ this institution/ this course over the many others available in other places. For example, I have applied to pursue a co-op Bachelor of Engineering program which was unlike any other and I simply elaborated on my educational background and my future goals. Obviously your academics and other aspects do contribute so you must include that as well.

All in all, I recommend that you be honest with your application and hope for the best.
Good luck!

Reactions: vorador

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

I suggest you all relax and take it easy. As long as you provide the necessary documents, prove that you have enough money to support yourself, and have a convincing case, you'll get approved. I applied back in mid-December and got my visa in mid-January.

There are many misconceptions when it comes to these applications. Simply put, many people think that it's all about how much cash you have at hand and what passport you hold. You just need to prove that you have enough resources for your stay in Canada, and merely explain why you're choosing Canada/ this institution/ this course over the many others available in other places. For example, I have applied to pursue a co-op Bachelor of Engineering program which was unlike any other and I simply elaborated on my educational background and my future goals. Obviously your academics and other aspects do contribute so you must include that as well.

All in all, I recommend that you be honest with your application and hope for the best.
Good luck!
Congratulations!

I am glad you proved me wrong and got your visa! Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Nagam

Jul 19, 2019
It is a Masters in Information System Security, but they said in the refusal I have family in Canada which is not true plus the other two causes about the cause to visit and the finance which are also not true
Hey, so sorry to hear that. Can you give me a little bit of info on your profile? Did you apply as a bachelor's or master's student?

Dirki

Aug 2, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Any lucky Syrian to lift our spirits?
Not a lucky Syrian to lift your spirit, but a Syrian to tell you that Canada is not for everyone - not for me, at least. After my second rejection for Canadian studies, I pursued New Zealand, declared my sweet little Canadian rejections and was approved in no time with no questions asked.

For every Syrian out there: I'd say we're the little disposable ones in any immigration system. Be smarter than the immigration officer and have your plans set out if things go south (perhaps: ربك كاتبلك نصيب بمكان ثاني؟).

Abdullah1995

Apr 9, 2019
Not a lucky Syrian to lift your spirit, but a Syrian to tell you that Canada is not for everyone - not for me, at least. After my second rejection for Canadian studies, I pursued New Zealand, declared my sweet little Canadian rejections and was approved in no time with no questions asked.

For every Syrian out there: I'd say we're the little disposable ones in any immigration system. Be smarter than the immigration officer and have your plans set out if things go south (perhaps: ربك كاتبلك نصيب بمكان ثاني؟).

May I ask where did you apply in New Zealand? As the tuition fees from what I saw were extremely high.

Thank you because you may not know it, but you did indeed lift my spirit up.

Reactions: vorador

rambag98

Jul 3, 2020
Hi all,

I am among the Syrians that obtained a Canadian study permit. I was born and raised in the UAE and I applied in May 2019 as soon as I got university acceptance, received approval in mid-August 2019, and started my Master's program in September. It took around 10 weeks to get an email requesting my passport (which almost always means your visa has been approved).

Honestly, I've been rejected 4 times, for both visit visas and one study permit for my undergrad, in the past 5 years, so never give up. The only thing that changed was that I had the opportunity to intern abroad and that I am applying for a Master's degree and not a Bachelor's. However, I did not have a lot of funds (reasonable amount to show that I can pay for the first year of study) so I wouldn't necessarily say the more money you have to show the better.

Opening my passport and seeing the Canadian visa plastered on it made me cry like crazy.. It feels so many doors are being shut in our face and so many opportunities lost for the sole purpose of nationality.

My advice:

Write your study plan that the visa office requests (in this case the Abu Dhabi Canadian visa office) extremely well. You are trying to inform the immigration officer that you are a genuine student that has a career path set in mind so take that document seriously (1 page is enough).

Apply as early as possible (it took almost 3 months for me!)

The longer the wait time without a response.. the better.

Also, as some have mentioned above, there are countless paths you can take so do not feel discouraged in any way if you do not receive approval. Continue to work hard wherever you are and you will receive the fruits of your labor.

Reactions: Bond 007

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I am among the Syrians that obtained a Canadian study permit. I was born and raised in the UAE and I applied in May 2019 as soon as I got university acceptance, received approval in mid-August 2019, and started my Master's program in September. It took around 10 weeks to get an email requesting my passport (which almost always means your visa has been approved).

Honestly, I've been rejected 4 times, for both visit visas and one study permit for my undergrad, in the past 5 years, so never give up. The only thing that changed was that I had the opportunity to intern abroad and that I am applying for a Master's degree and not a Bachelor's. However, I did not have a lot of funds (reasonable amount to show that I can pay for the first year of study) so I wouldn't necessarily say the more money you have to show the better.

Opening my passport and seeing the Canadian visa plastered on it made me cry like crazy.. It feels so many doors are being shut in our face and so many opportunities lost for the sole purpose of nationality.

My advice:

Write your study plan that the visa office requests (in this case the Abu Dhabi Canadian visa office) extremely well. You are trying to inform the immigration officer that you are a genuine student that has a career path set in mind so take that document seriously (1 page is enough).

Apply as early as possible (it took almost 3 months for me!)

The longer the wait time without a response.. the better.

Also, as some have mentioned above, there are countless paths you can take so do not feel discouraged in any way if you do not receive approval. Continue to work hard wherever you are and you will receive the fruits of your labor.
Would suggest that the higher the degree the better the chance of approval.

Reactions: Bond 007