Switching Salary Job to Incorporation

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
HI there, my husband is an pharmacist and he works for Loblaws ( Corporate). Now one of his friend is opening his 3rd pharmacy and he is asking my husband to join as full time there. Wondering about benefits of joining community pharmacy leaivng corporate job?? Also we are thinking to ask partnership, what kind of partnership we can ask for as the building is fully owned by his friend??? Some strong reasons to leave corporate and join his friends pharmacy ????? please guide

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI there, my husband is an pharmacist and he works for Loblaws ( Corporate). Now one of his friend is opening his 3rd pharmacy and he is asking my husband to join as full time there. Wondering about benefits of joining community pharmacy leaivng corporate job?? Also we are thinking to ask partnership, what kind of partnership we can ask for as the building is fully owned by his friend??? Some strong reasons to leave corporate and join his friends pharmacy ????? please guide
Not an immigration issue so research partnerships for your province and talk to a business lawyer. It is his decision career wise.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

If your husband is only an employee then it’s not a “ partnership.”
If your husband is included as a owner / director on the articles of incorporation then he’d be one of the owners aka partners on the business .
Note, just being told he is a partner isn’t good enough . If the business is already incorporated, the owner has to send in the paperwork to add a owner . You want to see and obtain this document .
If the business is not incorporated, which I’d be surprised if it’s not . Then the original structure would be a sole proprietorship . That would have to be shut down and a partnership formed .

I concur with the above . Friends getting into business with each other can end up messy , like messy
Dot your i and cross your t’s if you’re going down that road

Typically working for a large corporation such as loblaws will give you a pension , pension matching , benefit program etc
If you’re a partner / co owner you won’t qualify for EI except in special situations
At a corp as and employee you would
Somethings that small corps don’t provide .

Last edited: