+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUV application with Work Permit.

JFSJoey

Dec 17, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
  • Applying from the UK. I would like to get an open work permit alongside my PR application but I’m worried that it would make it harder to get approved since I feel like I am already on thin ice due to a caution on my record.
    • The work permit would be so that I’m able to get set up in Canada before my PR application gets approved. This includes:
      • the option to do freelance and/or part-time work in order to make extra income to put towards the business. I might end up not even using it but having the option ready is important in case I find something on short notice.
      • getting a credit card to build credit,
      • getting a social insurance number,
      • opening up a brokerage account to make personal investments,
Would simply applying for a work permit alongside my SUV application and/or the reasons I have for applying for said Work Permit negatively impact my SUV?

Last edited:

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
I don't think you are allowed to work on any other job with the work permit issued on your SUV, if you are a primary applicant. You are issued a WP because you need to perform essential duties to setup your business. If you are married, your spouse however gets an open WP to be able to work anywhere.

You may however apply for both PR and WP concurrently without any issues.

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Would simply applying for a work permit alongside my SUV application and/or the reasons I have for applying for said Work Permit negatively impact my SUV?

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
Would simply applying for a work permit alongside my SUV application and/or the reasons I have for applying for said Work Permit negatively impact my SUV? Speed Test

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Hello,

Do you know that Ghost Update will happen once your application passes one step and entering to a new step OR it will happen once someone opens your file?

I don’t believe GU will happen once someone opens a profile.

Actually, I received the second GU on min and my dependents (Spouse and Children) on Aug 17th and still waiting.

Thanks!