+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Surgery/treatment abroad in india

go.quebec

Mar 19, 2017
I am in India and have some health issue due to which I may need to go under surgery. Therefore the cost may get accordingly expensive (2-4k).

Therefore, I need to know if I pay here for any surgery or treatments, am I able to get my bills reimbursed as a PR back in Canada if I am able to show all the reports and bills.
Your input is greatly appreciated and if someone have had similar experience your input is appreciated too.
Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in India and have some health issue due to which I may need to go under surgery. Therefore the cost may get accordingly expensive (2-4k).

Therefore, I need to know if I pay here for any surgery or treatments, am I able to get my bills reimbursed as a PR back in Canada if I am able to show all the reports and bills.
Your input is greatly appreciated and if someone have had similar experience your input is appreciated too.
Thank you in advance.
You can try to get reimbursed but it will be a fraction of the cost. Did you not take out travel medical insurance or have travel medical insurance through something like a credit card. That would only be for an emergency though.

https://portail.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/absence-quebec/know-which-services-are-covered-outside-quebec