+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting documents for PR application.

dysonjonathan

Jan 22, 2010
Hi everyone!

This could be a silly question but are you allowed to complete the medical and criminal check paperwork before you send in your PR application to expedite the process or do you have to wait for them to instruct you to do so?

Does anyone have an useful/important info. i should know about the medical and criminal check based on their experience?

I am a British citizen and permanent resident of the US so do i need criminal checks from both countries?? That would seem likely, right? What about each State that you've lived in? I assume that an FBI criminal check encompasses every place you've lived since they are the FEDERAL Bureau of Investigation and not the State Bureau of Investigation. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
dysonjonathan said:
Hi everyone!

This could be a silly question but are you allowed to complete the medical and criminal check paperwork before you send in your PR application to expedite the process or do you have to wait for them to instruct you to do so?

Does anyone have an useful/important info. i should know about the medical and criminal check based on their experience?

I am a British citizen and permanent resident of the US so do i need criminal checks from both countries?? That would seem likely, right? What about each State that you've lived in? I assume that an FBI criminal check encompasses every place you've lived since they are the FEDERAL Bureau of Investigation and not the State Bureau of Investigation. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help everyone!!
I assume you'll apply through Buffalo or London, so it's definitely advisable to send them medicals and police certificates with the rest of the application. You have to supply police certificates from all countries you've lived in for more than half a year since your 18th birthday. In the case of the US you only need to supply FBI certificates, but the CIC might ask you to supply state certificates as well. If you want to avoid the extra time it takes for the CIC to ask for documents you could always send them the state certificates up front, but it's not necessary.
Remember that the police certificates have to be no older than three months on the date when they are received by the case processing centre in Mississauga. The medical examination expires after one year, so you'll want it to be fairly recent as well.