+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS FOR THE SPONSOR

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Hello all again,

I am wondering for the addresses we lived in Turkey and in Korea, do we have to provide proof?
If yes, what types of proof or document?
Does this apply to the sponsor as well ?

I can provide evidence for her stays in Turkey (my sponsoring wife) as she was under residence permit allowing her to accompany me. And I can get a letter stating her status in Turkey from the police department. By the way she still has a valid residence permit from Turkey. Do you suggest me cancelling as proof of my sponsor's permanant return to Canada. I worry about this as she only returned last month. (She already started a job at a restaurant so she can claim that.)

But for the duration we lived in Korea, unfortunately we can not provide our house addresses. We have the addresses of the schools that my sponsoring wife worked at the time (I wasn't working. I was on a permit allowed me to acoompany her). And the accomodation and most of the utilities were provided by the schools as a part of my wife's contract. And as far as I remember on our Alien Registration Cards, the address they printed was the employment address of my wife. So we never had to know what our residential addresses were. Postages were sent to the schools, my wife worked for. I contacted some people who are still living there. What do you recommend me to do ?

Does the sponsor also need to provide her diplomas, degrees, reference letter from jobs held before, PCC'S from the countries she lived in?

Best wishes to all .

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
chelidio said:
Hello all again,

I am wondering for the addresses we lived in Turkey and in Korea, do we have to provide proof?

Photocopies of the pages in each of your passports prove your residency in either country based on the entry and exit visas /stamps.

Photocopy all pages of each of your passport including blank pages. Your photocopied passport pages must be separate from that of your wife's.

You don't need to show proof of each address that you stayed in.

If yes, what types of proof or document?
Does this apply to the sponsor as well ?

Same goes for sponsor - photocopies of pages in the passport show the countries where she has lived, and where she currently resides as she would have her last stamp as entry back into Canada.

I can provide evidence for her stays in Turkey (my sponsoring wife) as she was under residence permit allowing her to accompany me. And I can get a letter stating her status in Turkey from the police department. By the way she still has a valid residence permit from Turkey. Do you suggest me cancelling as proof of my sponsor's permanant return to Canada. I worry about this as she only returned last month. (She already started a job at a restaurant so she can claim that.)

You do not need to do anything to her Turkish residency permit. You don't have to worry, there is a page in her passport that shows she is currently inside Canada. Also, on Form 1344EA, her current mailing address for item 5 would be a Canadian one - right?

But for the duration we lived in Korea, unfortunately we can not provide our house addresses. We have the addresses of the schools that my sponsoring wife worked at the time (I wasn't working. I was on a permit allowed me to acoompany her). And the accomodation and most of the utilities were provided by the schools as a part of my wife's contract. And as far as I remember on our Alien Registration Cards, the address they printed was the employment address of my wife. So we never had to know what our residential addresses were. Postages were sent to the schools, my wife worked for. I contacted some people who are still living there. What do you recommend me to do ?

Even if you did not know the street addresses, you should at least know the name of the person you lived with or the name of the person who owned the house where you lived. Also, you should know the name of the city or town in which you lived. So, if you know such information, then your address in Korea should read along the following lines:

Examples - Residential Address:
1. Kim Jong-Woo's Compound /House, Suwōn, South Korea.

2. Park Yong-Ho's Compound /House, Seoul, South Korea.

CIC accepts addresses like these because such is the address system in certain countries.

And then, if you want to, at the next /bottom information field after the residential address like above, you can put the school's mailing address also as "mailing address."

Does the sponsor also need to provide her diplomas, degrees, reference letter from jobs held before, PCC'S from the countries she lived in?

I believe the document checklist, Form IMM5491E, says reference letter from current employer and not past employers.

Your wife is already a citizen, and does not need to prove her skills since she is the sponsor - so, there is no need for her to provide her diplomas and /or degrees.

Unfortunately, I do not know what PCC stand for.

Best wishes to all .

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
chelidio said:

Best wishes to all .
If you are referring to Police Clearance (PC), then no, your wife does not need PCs as she is not the one immigrating. And also, it is not under the supporting documents that are required for the Sponsor.

I understand that you are only being thorough and you want to avoid making any errors with your application.

Document Checklist for Sponsor: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.PDF

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Chelidio,

Since your wife cannot provide her most recent tax return i.e. Option C printout since she was not in Canada for the most recent tax year, then she needs to provide a separate notarized explanation stating that she was out of Canada, and attach to that statment a separate copy of her passport page or pages that has her entry (visa) and exit stamp from Turkey or from wherever. You don't need to notarize the photocopied passport pages.

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Thanks Libra,

As usual, you are so helpful. I really liked the Korean names you came up with :) Well if it is only the passport pages including the entry and exit dates, we have no problem then. :)

Because I had a day of driving around in Istanbul to the places we lived in and collected the address info.Think about the 17 million people city's traffic. And went to the city I lived during my university studies and collected the info of the address, too. But I don't think I can stand a 10 hour flight to Korea to pick my old addresses.

Thank you very much.

Best wishes