+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hi,

I am trying to apply for a super-visa for my in-laws and have a few questions.

1) Is the IRCC still processing the Super visa applications? What is COVID effect on processing times or rejection rates? Is this a bad time to apply now?

2) Is it better to apply for both my mother-in law and father in law at once? or is it better to apply individually?

3) Can we do upfront medical tests?

4) I know we need to buy visitors health insurance. Where do you guys get it ? and what if you take the insurance and the application is rejected later? what happens to the insurance?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Ravi

cecilia.medico

Jan 23, 2018
Hi,

I am trying to apply for a super-visa for my in-laws and have a few questions.

1) Is the IRCC still processing the Super visa applications? What is COVID effect on processing times or rejection rates? Is this a bad time to apply now?

2) Is it better to apply for both my mother-in law and father in law at once? or is it better to apply individually?

3) Can we do upfront medical tests?

4) I know we need to buy visitors health insurance. Where do you guys get it ? and what if you take the insurance and the application is rejected later? what happens to the insurance?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Ravi
I also plan to apply for my parents.

For upfront medical, I may not do that. I will submit other application and wait for instructions. That’s just me.

still gathering docs right now.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
I also plan to apply for my parents.

For upfront medical, I may not do that. I will submit other application and wait for instructions. That’s just me.

still gathering docs right now.
i will be applying as soon as soon as i am in possession of COPR may be in few weeks time

Last edited:

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Your parents will not qualify until you have earned the LICO amount in Canada. It doesn’t seem like you are in Canada.
I am in Canada on workpermit for approximately 1 year, I am in possession of T4 and my pay is more then threshold required, all I am missing is COPR,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in Canada on workpermit for approximately 1 year, I am in possession of T4 and my pay is more then threshold required, all I am missing is COPR,
You should submit your NOA. Applying as soon as you get your PR may appear suspicious especially because your mother is living with your wife and was living with the both of you. This is a visitor program. Canada doesn’t want parents moving to Canada.

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
I am in possession of NOA, Me and my wife both are in Canada working full time and earning more then threshold. My mother is living With my sister in her home country.

As per CIC website we fulfill are requirement other then COPR, we applied for her normal visit visa and her medical was requested (Visit visa not granted due to pandemic closure), we are now thinking to apply for supervisa once we got COPR and request cic to use her priviois medical as that is still valid,

is this correct approach?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in possession of NOA, Me and my wife both are in Canada working full time and earning more then threshold. My mother is living With my sister in her home country.

As per CIC website we fulfill are requirement other then COPR, we applied for her normal visit visa and her medical was requested (Visit visa not granted due to pandemic closure), we are now thinking to apply for supervisa once we got COPR and request cic to use her priviois medical as that is still valid,

is this correct approach?
Yes it sounds like you qualify to apply for a supervisa as long as your NOA shows that you meet LICO. It is impossible to comment whether she will be approved.