+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa in process more than 6 months

rcar

Nov 15, 2018
Hi all,

I applied for a Supervisa for both parents but it's been 7 months and it's still stuck on background check. Any suggestions on what to do? Desperately waiting to hear back.

Timeline:
Application Received: June 5
Biometrics Completed: June 17
We are processing your background check.
Eligibility: Not Started

Thanks so much for any help!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I applied for a Supervisa for both parents but it's been 7 months and it's still stuck on background check. Any suggestions on what to do? Desperately waiting to hear back.

Timeline:
Application Received: June 5
Biometrics Completed: June 17
We are processing your background check.
Eligibility: Not Started

Thanks so much for any help!!
Don’t know where they are from but raise a webform. Have they been asked to complete medicals?

rcar

Nov 15, 2018
They are in the UK but are Italian citizens (only have Italian passports). For medical it still says the following:
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Do they actually respond to webforms? I've tried to reach out but have never heard anything back.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They are in the UK but are Italian citizens (only have Italian passports). For medical it still says the following:
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Do they actually respond to webforms? I've tried to reach out but have never heard anything back.
Processing from the UK is long…like years. TRV processing is over 500 days. Probably have been better to go back to Italy and apply. So I think they are well within normal times so wait.

Under the visitor sections, there are UK threads

rcar

Nov 15, 2018
Well I don't think that's always true. I had a friend who applied and it only took 3 months. Mind you that was in 2020. When we first applied, the tracker said 125 days, then went up to 300+ then 400+ and now it's unavailable. We will obviously keep on waiting, it's not a possibility for them to move to Italy. Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well I don't think that's always true. I had a friend who applied and it only took 3 months. Mind you that was in 2020. When we first applied, the tracker said 125 days, then went up to 300+ then 400+ and now it's unavailable. We will obviously keep on waiting, it's not a possibility for them to move to Italy. Thanks.
That was 4 years ago so cannot compare. Go on the visitors sections, and you will talk to people waiting years for approval from London. Assume they have some status in the UK (work, PR) as that will also be an issue to show ties to return.

rcar

Nov 15, 2018
I understand that. I saw a thread yesterday and saw that someone applied in April 2023 and got a passport request yesterday so I think it's a case by case at this point. What's the point of even offering this type of visa if they're going to take years lol waste of time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I understand that. I saw a thread yesterday and saw that someone applied in April 2023 and got a passport request yesterday so I think it's a case by case at this point. What's the point of even offering this type of visa if they're going to take years lol waste of time.
It is not the visa but the office. London is so backlogged.

rcar

Nov 15, 2018
Yeah, makes sense. Still seems a very unfair process. Thanks so much for your help though!