+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - Separate application per parent?

katek1717.

Nov 8, 2021
Hello,

I'm currently helping my mom with filling out the online application for a super visa as the main applicant, with my dad intending to come over with her as well. However, I didn't see anywhere where I could indicate that my dad will be accompanying my mom to Canada, whereas in the old IMM5257 forms, there was an option to tick off the box saying "Will accompany you to Canada?".

I've re-checked the questionnaire to see if I missed a question asking if there will be others accompanying the main applicant to Canada, but I didn't see any.

Should I be creating a new account for my dad to fill out an application for himself?

Thanks so much in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I'm currently helping my mom with filling out the online application for a super visa as the main applicant, with my dad intending to come over with her as well. However, I didn't see anywhere where I could indicate that my dad will be accompanying my mom to Canada, whereas in the old IMM5257 forms, there was an option to tick off the box saying "Will accompany you to Canada?".

I've re-checked the questionnaire to see if I missed a question asking if there will be others accompanying the main applicant to Canada, but I didn't see any.

Should I be creating a new account for my dad to fill out an application for himself?

Thanks so much in advance.
They can apply together as long as they are still in a relationship.