+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa - medicals done

Divvi

Oct 28, 2018
Hi,

My mom has completed her medicals in India for supervisa but the status that ‘medicals received’ hasn’t been updated in her application yet.

I called IRCC but they have asked to reach the nearest consulate which is in Bangalore, India. I’ve reached them without response.

My mom also has the regular visit visa and visited Canada twice earlier. My question is ‘If she comes on her existing vist visa(on which she can stay for 6 months), will the super visa application be halted or terminated since she isn’t in the country from where she applied? Can the passport submission process be done from here after her application is processed? Can she stay for 2 years if she can submit her passport here or will it have to be only 6months (or possible extension) since she entered on visit visa’

We don’t want to start the super visa application again because her medicals took forever.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since she has a existing visa, why do she need the supervisa? Do you know she can apply extend her stay in Canada for up to 2 years?

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Since she has a existing visa, why do she need the supervisa? Do you know she can apply extend her stay in Canada for up to 2 years?
Hi - On what basis extension can be applied for two years. Is that normally possible, I mean do people do that often? I heard that extensions are generally for few months, so thats why checking.

Also - If she has supervisa. Then after two years, she can apply for another extension for two years. Means supervisa will give her 4 years instead of two, is this correct?

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hi,

My mom has completed her medicals in India for supervisa but the status that ‘medicals received’ hasn’t been updated in her application yet.

I called IRCC but they have asked to reach the nearest consulate which is in Bangalore, India. I’ve reached them without response.

My mom also has the regular visit visa and visited Canada twice earlier. My question is ‘If she comes on her existing vist visa(on which she can stay for 6 months), will the super visa application be halted or terminated since she isn’t in the country from where she applied? Can the passport submission process be done from here after her application is processed? Can she stay for 2 years if she can submit her passport here or will it have to be only 6months (or possible extension) since she entered on visit visa’

We don’t want to start the super visa application again because her medicals took forever.
Hi, can you please suggest why medical took so long?
Also, Did she do bio metrics yet?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi - On what basis extension can be applied for two years. Is that normally possible, I mean do people do that often? I heard that extensions are generally for few months, so thats why checking.

Also - If she has supervisa. Then after two years, she can apply for another extension for two years. Means supervisa will give her 4 years instead of two, is this correct?
Sorry I don't do statistics.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

TRVs are guaranteed to be extended for 2 years. It may be possible but not guaranteed. She can continue her supervisa application but will need to leave Canada to stay In Canada as a supervisa visitor. There is no guarantees that she will get an extension after 2 years. She remains as visitor so is expected to return home at a certain point. Others tend to request a 1 years extension and see if that is approved.

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
TRVs are guaranteed to be extended for 2 years. It may be possible but not guaranteed. She can continue her supervisa application but will need to leave Canada to stay In Canada as a supervisa visitor.
You mean once someone is in Canada on TRV, can apply and continue application for supervisa but would have to return to India to get stamped?

There is no guarantees that she will get an extension after 2 years. She remains as visitor so is expected to return home at a certain point. Others tend to
request a 1 years extension and see if that is approved.
So once someone is in Canada on supervisa, can apply for extension and can continue to stay if the extension is approved?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You mean once someone is in Canada on TRV, can apply and continue application for supervisa but would have to return to India to get stamped?

No she would need to leave Canada to activate the supervisa. She needs to apply for the supervisa while outside Canada.

So once someone is in Canada on supervisa, can apply for extension and can continue to stay if the extension is approved?
Yes.

Divvi

Oct 28, 2018
Thanks everyone for your responses!
If she comes to Canada on her existing visit visa and meanwhile her supervisa application is processed and they ask for her passport in India (from where she applied), can she submit her passport here instead? (since the applicant is supposed to submit passport within 30 days of request)?