+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa - Entry after/before June 2023 or July 2022?

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
Ircc is using the Biometrics Enrolment to determine the length of time u get in the Super Visa application...my mom have about 8 years and 6 months left in her passport and she get 4 years visa because her Biometrics is up the next 4 years

shibleebd

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, I just submitted the Super Visa Application for my in-laws through IRCC Portal. now to save time I am thinking If I they can do the Medical now while waiting for the formal Medical Request from IRCC? this way they can save time. But will i be able to send it to IRCC and how can i submit it? Hope i did not confuse you guys.

Rony Shaha

Oct 14, 2018
Hello,

Does anyone know why it is now using June 22, 2023 as a reference date for the super visas getting 5 year stays?
It used to be July 4, 2022.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/about.html
Hi, I am getting the same issue for my mother. My mother entered Canada in Super Visa on July 9, 2022 and that time It was used to be July 4, 2022. It was written in the website that from July 4, 2022, if parent enter then they can stay 5 years at a time. But, now, they changed it and they did not put any stamp or date on my mothers passport. No visitor record was given that time as well. Now the website is saying that if there is not stamp then parents can stay only 6months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

How long you can stay?
Most visitors can stay in Canada for up to 6 months.
If your passport was stamped when you entered Canada, you need to leave by the date stamped in your passport. If you received a visitor record, you need to leave Canada by the expiry date listed on the visitor record.
If your passport wasn’t stamped and you used a primary inspection kiosk, you can only stay in Canada
  • for up to 6 months from the day you initially entered the country, or
  • until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
What should I do now? Please advice if you have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.