25-07-2012
Med's Done....
08-08-1012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
Hi friends,
My wife wants to apply for supervisa for her parents but she was not working from last two years because she was preparing for exam, her income in 2012 was $5000 and in 2013 $600 but my income in both year is meet the LICO can I cosign invitation letter of my wife? if yes then

1.what should I do just cosign letter of invitation from my wife or I need to write new letter telling that I will take care about all expenses?
2. still we both need to submit NOA or just mine NOA is fine?
3. can someone post the sample letter for invitation and cosign?

Thank you, your help will be really appreciated.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can.
You can show her NOA also (why not? it is better then nothing from her)
Are there any forms for "sponsoring"? There could be a place to sign for co-signer. Or some explanation in guide. If tehre is nothing you can invite them and explain that they are YOUR SPOUSE's parents.

edson

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWYORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
08-08-1012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
Thank you Regina for your quick answer
Any other suggestion from others?

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi There,

there is no special form for co-signing for super visa however ensure the below are fulfilled.

1 - Make sure both your names (yourself and spouse) is listed in the forms i.e. whom they are visiting etc.
2 - Write the letter of invitation and sign together. you can be generic but there is a template on cic site you can use to include the basic information
3 - show your marriage certificate
4- if you have any previous pictures taken with your in-laws, attach it with the invitation
5- write a declaration of financial support for your wife (sample below)

good luck !!!

DECLARATION OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR XXX (your spouse's name )

I, XXX, Born on XXX, a Canadian Citizen, Passport Number XXX Residing at XXX

Do hereby solemnly swear the following:

1. That I am the deponent of this affidavit and well conversant with the facts mentioned herein
2. That I am the spouse of XXX Born on XXX, a Canadian Citizen, Passport Number XXX Residing at XXX
3. That I am financially responsible for XX
4. That I am in support of a temporary Visit of XXX Parents to Canada
5. That I will bear all living expenses, Medical Insurance, Food, travel and all incidental expense
During their entire stay in Canada
6. That XXX, a XXX, Born on XXX,Passport Number XXX and a resident of XXX XXX is the Father of MY SPOUSE XXX
7. That XXX, a XXX, Born on XXX,Passport Number XXX and a resident of XXX XXX is the MOTHER of MY SPOUSE XXX
8. That XXX and XXXX will be visiting Canada for a period of 60 days from XXX to XXX
9. That XXX and XXX will return to their country of residence, XXXafter their visit to Canada
10. That all attached documents in support of my financially capability is genuine including Canada revenue Notice of Assessments (2011, 2012),Letter of Employment, Employment Pay Stubs and Financial records.
11. That the attached marriage Certificate between ME and MY SPOUSE is genuine
12. That the attached Birth certificate naming XXX and YYY as the parents of my spouse is genuine
13. That the attached proof of Income indicating I exceed the low-income cut off for a total number of x people including our guests Is genuine

I SWEAR OR AFFIRM THAT THE ABOVE AND FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS ARE TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND BELIEF.

City of xxx

I, the undersigned Notary Public, do hereby affirm that xxx personally appeared before me on the ___ day of xxx and signed the above Affidavit

Notary Public

edson

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWYORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
08-08-1012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
Thank you Twiggy
Really appreciate your help

Meell

Oct 1, 2018
Philippines
Hi There,

there is no special form for co-signing for super visa however ensure the below are fulfilled.

1 - Make sure both your names (yourself and spouse) is listed in the forms i.e. whom they are visiting etc.
2 - Write the letter of invitation and sign together. you can be generic but there is a template on cic site you can use to include the basic information
3 - show your marriage certificate
4- if you have any previous pictures taken with your in-laws, attach it with the invitation
5- write a declaration of financial support for your wife (sample below)

good luck !!!

DECLARATION OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR XXX (your spouse's name )

I, XXX, Born on XXX, a Canadian Citizen, Passport Number XXX Residing at XXX

Do hereby solemnly swear the following:

1. That I am the deponent of this affidavit and well conversant with the facts mentioned herein
2. That I am the spouse of XXX Born on XXX, a Canadian Citizen, Passport Number XXX Residing at XXX
3. That I am financially responsible for XX
4. That I am in support of a temporary Visit of XXX Parents to Canada
5. That I will bear all living expenses, Medical Insurance, Food, travel and all incidental expense
During their entire stay in Canada
6. That XXX, a XXX, Born on XXX,Passport Number XXX and a resident of XXX XXX is the Father of MY SPOUSE XXX
7. That XXX, a XXX, Born on XXX,Passport Number XXX and a resident of XXX XXX is the MOTHER of MY SPOUSE XXX
8. That XXX and XXXX will be visiting Canada for a period of 60 days from XXX to XXX
9. That XXX and XXX will return to their country of residence, XXXafter their visit to Canada
10. That all attached documents in support of my financially capability is genuine including Canada revenue Notice of Assessments (2011, 2012),Letter of Employment, Employment Pay Stubs and Financial records.
11. That the attached marriage Certificate between ME and MY SPOUSE is genuine
12. That the attached Birth certificate naming XXX and YYY as the parents of my spouse is genuine
13. That the attached proof of Income indicating I exceed the low-income cut off for a total number of x people including our guests Is genuine

I SWEAR OR AFFIRM THAT THE ABOVE AND FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS ARE TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY INFORMATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND BELIEF.

City of xxx

I, the undersigned Notary Public, do hereby affirm that xxx personally appeared before me on the ___ day of xxx and signed the above Affidavit

Notary Public
good day. I'm a newbie and just wanted to know if it needs to be notarized?
And the wife here does not need to sign, but is the one to write and sign the invitation letter and mention this doc signed by her partner?

SahilR

Jul 7, 2019
Hey there just need help my sister is Pr (she is married ) .. I am not Pr yet but we want to apply for a super visa for our parents..can I became a co-signer for the application for our parents ? or my brother in law have to be a co-signer..someone can help me out ..thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey there just need help my sister is Pr (she is married ) .. I am not Pr yet but we want to apply for a super visa for our parents..can I became a co-signer for the application for our parents ? or my brother in law have to be a co-signer..someone can help me out ..thank you
No - you can't. Only your brother in law can be a cosigner.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Aww thank you..I can’t apply for them right if I am not Pr of Canada
Once you are a PR, you can sponsor them for a super visa on your own if you meet the income requirements. You cannot, however, co-sign with your sister. Even once you are a PR, this will not be possible. Only a spouse can co-sign. A sibling cannot.

Reactions: SahilR

SahilR

Jul 7, 2019
Once you are a PR, you can sponsor them for a super visa on your own if you meet the income requirements. You cannot, however, co-sign with your sister. Even once you are a PR, this will not be possible. Only a spouse can co-sign. A sibling cannot.
Thank you so much

Sac1992

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hi,
Can my wife cosign for super visa to meet income requirement? please advise.
Thanks in advance

Sac1992

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
please if anyone could help with below questions.

Hi,
I need some help regarding Parents meet up. Please advise
1. if super visa is a good option or regular parents sponsorship
2. also can I apply for regular sponsorship while my parents are on super visa
3. or if both (regular and super visa application) can go side by side.
Thanks in advance.