+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

suggestions to government on how to handle the coronavirus crises.

immi_bird

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
what makes us unique is how we can unite together in hard times.

First of all, dealing with panic is not less important than the virus itself.

1- Our health system can’t handle new cases; new and separated health agencies should be established in every province.

2- All the news, media should publish one phone number the potential effected person/s should call. a group of trained workers will visit the affected person. It should be announced clear that hospitals will not be able to deal with the visitors and the best way to get proper treatment is to stay home and call the federal number.

3- This step requires a lot of courage and only Canada can lead the world in this, a national call for volunteers who would be well paid should be announced as soon as possible, those volunteers will get three days training on how to make a visit and diagnose coronavirus, YES, a person with no medical background can diagnose the pandemic. The trained volunteers should have a hotline connection with provincial/federal agent who can help them with their job, this connection should include a camera connection.

4- The hotline callers should state the number of living people in the place, address, over the phone diagnose and transfer them to local province agencies.

5- This group, 3-4 workers should be able to deal with all situations, other than diagnosing, they will give advice on how to quarantine the affected family member, if possible, from the rest of the family. (he/she/they will live in once room close to the washroom and never go out of their place under any circumstances except for the washroom. Later, If new members have the same symptoms, they will join the affected once.

6- Another group of volunteers will give every affected family a weekly visit to run the family’s errands and buy their needs from groceries so they don’t have to go out. They will leave the orders at the door. The order will include basic medical treatment of symptoms of coronavirus.

7- After the recovery, the group of volunteers should give a final visit with sanitizers and provide a video of how to sanitize the house to the recovered family by itself.

In addition to the panic, time is another enemy and we should act fast.

this post is open to any other suggestions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what makes us unique is how we can unite together in hard times.

First of all, dealing with panic is not less important than the virus itself.

1- Our health system can’t handle new cases; new and separated health agencies should be established in every province.

2- All the news, media should publish one phone number the potential effected person/s should call. a group of trained workers will visit the affected person. It should be announced clear that hospitals will not be able to deal with the visitors and the best way to get proper treatment is to stay home and call the federal number.

3- This step requires a lot of courage and only Canada can lead the world in this, a national call for volunteers who would be well paid should be announced as soon as possible, those volunteers will get three days training on how to make a visit and diagnose coronavirus, YES, a person with no medical background can diagnose the pandemic. The trained volunteers should have a hotline connection with provincial/federal agent who can help them with their job, this connection should include a camera connection.

4- The hotline callers should state the number of living people in the place, address, over the phone diagnose and transfer them to local province agencies.

5- This group, 3-4 workers should be able to deal with all situations, other than diagnosing, they will give advice on how to quarantine the affected family member, if possible, from the rest of the family. (he/she/they will live in once room close to the washroom and never go out of their place under any circumstances except for the washroom. Later, If new members have the same symptoms, they will join the affected once.

6- Another group of volunteers will give every affected family a weekly visit to run the family’s errands and buy their needs from groceries so they don’t have to go out. They will leave the orders at the door. The order will include basic medical treatment of symptoms of coronavirus.

7- After the recovery, the group of volunteers should give a final visit with sanitizers and provide a video of how to sanitize the house to the recovered family by itself.

In addition to the panic, time is another enemy and we should act fast.

this post is open to any other suggestions.
Have you watched the news? Many of these things have already been implemented or are not realistic. What people should do is self-isolate if they have travelled internationally. Thea elderly and immunocompromised should minimize contact with others. People should not go to the doctor or hospital if they think they have covid 19 or a cold or virus that is manageable at home. People should call the number posted in each province to contact regarding the covid 19. Even if it is hard to get through do not go to the ER. If it is an emergency someone should call 911 and inform the operator that they suspect they have covid 19 so the ambulance and hospital can take special precaution. If you have no symptoms of a fever, shortness of breath, etc. you should not go and try to get tested for covid 19.

1. There are special screening centres being set-up. There is also crisis centres to deal with any major event. No new agencies need to be set-up that already hasn’t.

2. Healthcare is run provincially so there is a number that has been announced in each province. People keep on showing up at ERs because they don’t listen to instructions. Most don’t even qualify for a screening test and are just worried for no reason. It is easier to have people go to a screening centre or drive-thru because so many people will want screenings that don’t qualify for them. It would be a waste of research to send people to people’s homes.

3. Volunteers aren’t generally paid. You actually have to be trained to swab so deep into someone’s nasal passages and to wear protective gear plus how to screen someone to decide whether they should be tested. Some provinces are asking if retired nurses want to come out of retirement to help with the phone screening. They would not be licensed to swap anyone. There is also no need for an army of untrained people who are somehow going to diagnose covid 19 and be well paid to do this. This will likely create more issues.

4. The number goes to a provincial centre. This is exactly why lay people should not be involved. The swap must be sent to a lab and the results will be received in 24 hours.

5. This paid volunteer group seems to have essentially become public health nurses overnight. The instructions are very simple. They are available online, on the TV and once you have been identified you will have public health calling you daily.

6. friends, neighbours, Uber eats, Instacart, loblaws delivery, etc can all do this for free. Most families have a thermometer and Tylenol at home and most people are purchasing some extra supplies in advance. Most people don’t need special medical treatment. There is only symptomatic treatment like Tylenol, Advil, drinking fluids, etc.

7. When people are better they should clean their own houses in order to not cause any cross contamination. This makes no sense.

No offence but leave the organization to the public health departments and government agencies already involved. The cases in Canada are pretty minimal at the moment. If people try to stay home and stay away fron large groups and avoid going to the ER, nursing homes or doctors office hopefully the numbers will remain low. You can ask any elderly neighbour or disabled neighbour of you can help them with their shopping and stay away from others if you have recently travelled internationally or feel sick. Also wash your hands.

immi_bird

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Have you watched the news? Many of these things have already been implemented or are not realistic. What people should do is self-isolate if they have travelled internationally. Thea elderly and immunocompromised should minimize contact with others. People should not go to the doctor or hospital if they think they have covid 19 or a cold or virus that is manageable at home. People should call the number posted in each province to contact regarding the covid 19. Even if it is hard to get through do not go to the ER. If it is an emergency someone should call 911 and inform the operator that they suspect they have covid 19 so the ambulance and hospital can take special precaution. If you have no symptoms of a fever, shortness of breath, etc. you should not go and try to get tested for covid 19.

1. There are special screening centres being set-up. There is also crisis centres to deal with any major event. No new agencies need to be set-up that already hasn’t.

2. Healthcare is run provincially so there is a number that has been announced in each province. People keep on showing up at ERs because they don’t listen to instructions. Most don’t even qualify for a screening test and are just worried for no reason. It is easier to have people go to a screening centre or drive-thru because so many people will want screenings that don’t qualify for them. It would be a waste of research to send people to people’s homes.

3. Volunteers aren’t generally paid. You actually have to be trained to swab so deep into someone’s nasal passages and to wear protective gear plus how to screen someone to decide whether they should be tested. Some provinces are asking if retired nurses want to come out of retirement to help with the phone screening. They would not be licensed to swap anyone. There is also no need for an army of untrained people who are somehow going to diagnose covid 19 and be well paid to do this. This will likely create more issues.

4. The number goes to a provincial centre. This is exactly why lay people should not be involved. The swap must be sent to a lab and the results will be received in 24 hours.

5. This paid volunteer group seems to have essentially become public health nurses overnight. The instructions are very simple. They are available online, on the TV and once you have been identified you will have public health calling you daily.

6. friends, neighbours, Uber eats, Instacart, loblaws delivery, etc can all do this for free. Most families have a thermometer and Tylenol at home and most people are purchasing some extra supplies in advance. Most people don’t need special medical treatment. There is only symptomatic treatment like Tylenol, Advil, drinking fluids, etc.

7. When people are better they should clean their own houses in order to not cause any cross contamination. This makes no sense.

No offence but leave the organization to the public health departments and government agencies already involved. The cases in Canada are pretty minimal at the moment. If people try to stay home and stay away fron large groups and avoid going to the ER, nursing homes or doctors office hopefully the numbers will remain low. You can ask any elderly neighbour or disabled neighbour of you can help them with their shopping and stay away from others if you have recently travelled internationally or feel sick. Also wash your hands.

Thanks canuck78 for your reply. Answering your question, yes, I have watched the news. My question is HAVE YOU WATCHED THE NEWS?
President Trump in his declaration of national emergency literally said they would establish a new health agency. Which will be established mainly to save the existing one. In Italy, the healthcare providers started to prioritize the patients and sometimes ignore those who they think would take resources or is too late to save them. Angela Merkel said that the German health care system is full and can’t accept more patients as no more beds available. I don’t want that to happen here in Canada, and I believe that it is only possible if new parallel healthcare systems established to save the existing once. And it’s totally realistic.

I will not reply each point one by one because I agree with some of what you said and don’t agree with most, but we need to learn from the only country stated to recover from the crises, China, and yes they run some people errands in order to keep them home. This is totally realistic that we need to keep people home, and that would never happen if you didn’t promise them that you would give them a visit. And finally, no, our existence facilities can’t provide this and we need volunteers to do it and they should be well-paid honorarium to encourage a larger number of them.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks canuck78 for your reply. Answering your question, yes, I have watched the news. My question is HAVE YOU WATCHED THE NEWS?
President Trump in his declaration of national emergency literally said they would establish a new health agency. Which will be established mainly to save the existing one. In Italy, the healthcare providers started to prioritize the patients and sometimes ignore those who they think would take resources or is too late to save them. Angela Merkel said that the German health care system is full and can’t accept more patients as no more beds available. I don’t want that to happen here in Canada, and I believe that it is only possible if new parallel healthcare systems established to save the existing once. And it’s totally realistic.

I will not reply each point one by one because I agree with some of what you said and don’t agree with most, but we need to learn from the only country stated to recover from the crises, China, and yes they run some people errands in order to keep them home. This is totally realistic that we need to keep people home, and that would never happen if you didn’t promise them that you would give them a visit. And finally, no, our existence facilities can’t provide this and we need volunteers to do it and they should be well-paid honorarium to encourage a larger number of them.
Then forward your suggestions to the appropriate department. I’m positive either the Provincial or Federal Government will welcome suggestions on how to handle this pandemic by the general public
Maybe you’ll even get a interview on the CBC

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Do you really believe in China? Do you remembered Donald Trump said he made a telephone conversation with the Chinese President, and Xi said the virus will be under controlled and won't be spreading? In fact, many people who were "recovered" and discharged from hospital in China fell sick and tested covid 19 positive afterwards.

http://www.europe-solidaire.org/spip.php?article52287

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Most countries have volunteers helping for the good of their country. None are doing anything medical. They are helping with deliveries for hospitals and community members or are doing things like disinfect common areas, direct traffic for cars around testing areas. Don’t believe anything Trump says. There is no new health agency being created. There is a task force working with the CDC. The same thing is happening in Canada. Because healthcare is delivered provincially or by the State if you live in the US the majority of the coordination is done at province and city level or state and city level in the US. All countries have pandemic plans partially because all the issues when we had SARS. Most countries function with very little capacity or no capacity in their healthcare system on a daily basis. That is the case in Canada as well. There are many hospitals who run at 120% capacity especially when there is a flu outbreak. That is why elective surgeries are being cancelled. That will leave some capacity in the system. Unfortunately triage is done on a daily basis when it comes to who gets resources. That is just reality. I was speaking to someone yesterday and we imagined that doctors are currently talking to some families that have been refusing to turn off life support even though there had been no sign of brain activity for some time in their family member. Hospitals do take these families to court after a certain point. The healthcare system doesn’t have unlimited resources and technology has made it possible to keep bodily system going for quite some time. The best thing people can do is stay at home as much as possible especially older people or immunocompromised. People should not go to the ER unless it is an actual emergency. Only people who have the actual symptoms and the risk factors should call the public health number. If you can’t reach someone right away don’t call 911 (unless it is an emergency), don’t go to the doctor and don’t go to the covid 19 testing centres. Please leave the planning to the health professionals. I find it insulting that you think someone can be trained for 3 days and act like a public health nurse. And I’m not a public health nurse. No other country has taken lay people off the street and let them act like medical professionals. Having poorly trained volunteers could spread the virus more, provide inaccurate swabs, damage people’s nasal passages.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Then forward your suggestions to the appropriate department. I’m positive either the Provincial or Federal Government will welcome suggestions on how to handle this pandemic by the general public
Maybe you’ll even get a interview on the CBC
Think they will Probably go with the pandemic plan that has taken years to create. People with lots of experience and education in public health are involved in these decisions. The government is taking pretty drastic measures to try to stop transmission. They made these decisions with consultations with experts.