+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion for University for mechanical M-Eng. in Canada

Abhi_

May 6, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am planning on doing Meng in mechanical (fall 2022) in Canada. I have 3.5 years’ experience as mechanical design engineer, 8CGPA, no backlogs, IELTS -yet to be taken (assuming it to be 7 to 7.5). What are the universities that you would suggest me to apply, If I am planning for 2 years course-based program? Thanks in Advance.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Depends on your profile.
However, so many universities offer MEng in Mechanical in Canada.
You can search in google based on your result and profile.
Top Engineering universities are UOT,UBC,McGill,UOA,McMaster etc. where the admission is very competitive.
You can go some universities who has good acceptance rate like Concordia, Queens,Dalhousie,sasketchwan, Regina etc.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Many universities offer this program. The top universities would be your best bet, but you gotta check the budget. They´re usually very expensive.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am planning on doing Meng in mechanical (fall 2022) in Canada. I have 3.5 years’ experience as mechanical design engineer, 8CGPA, no backlogs, IELTS -yet to be taken (assuming it to be 7 to 7.5). What are the universities that you would suggest me to apply, If I am planning for 2 years course-based program? Thanks in Advance.
For Eng uwaterloo or UofT is your ticket to prosperity

Abhi_

May 6, 2021
Depends on your profile.
Top Engineering universities are UOT,UBC,McGill,UOA,McMaster etc. where the admission is very competitive.
You can go some universities who has good acceptance rate like Concordia, Queens,Dalhousie,sasketchwan, Regina etc.
Thanks for insights shopnodana91,
UOT,UBC,McGill,UOA,McMaster these universities provide less than 2 year programs for Meng mechanical (Drawback when considering PGWP) and also very competitive as you said. Concordia & Saskatchewan has right length of program and I am planning to apply for it. While other universities that you have mentioned does not have course based programs. Well I am specifically looking for 2 years course based programs. Can other members share your knowledge on this? Also consider affordability of tuition fee.

Reactions: shopnodana91

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Thanks for insights shopnodana91,
UOT,UBC,McGill,UOA,McMaster these universities provide less than 2 year programs for Meng mechanical (Drawback when considering PGWP) and also very competitive as you said. Concordia & Saskatchewan has right length of program and I am planning to apply for it. While other universities that you have mentioned does not have course based programs. Well I am specifically looking for 2 years course based programs. Can other members share your knowledge on this? Also consider affordability of tuition fee.
In BC, certain STEM programs can apply for direct PNP (and therefore PR)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Depends on your profile.
Queens is actually a top engineering school

Reactions: shopnodana91