+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting MIFI application evidence to IRCC

ahmed.dawod

Sep 23, 2023
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my wife's PR application. We both live in Quebec.
We made the sponsor application using her account on the "PR Portal" not the normal IRCC portal. We received the "Acknowledgement of Receipt" letter to apply the undertaking application to the MIFI in Quebec.

So far, all that is done but in the AoR letter, it says:

Please provide evidence that you have submitted the undertaking application to MIFI.
Please submit your documents via one of the following methods:

1. For instant updates, submit your documents via your IRCC secure account at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

2. If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via IRCC webform
at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

We assume the evidence here is the tracking receipt from Canada Post when we mailed the documents to MIFI.

Now, the problem is that since we applied through the PR portal, neither of our IRCC accounts have the application under it. We even tried linking the application to our accounts using the "Link an application to your IRCC secure account" function but no matter how we enter the information, it keeps saying that it cannot find the application.
We know that we can use the WebForm option but we are afraid this might take much longer to process.

Any ideas what might be the issue here?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I am sponsoring my wife's PR application. We both live in Quebec.
We made the sponsor application using her account on the "PR Portal" not the normal IRCC portal. We received the "Acknowledgement of Receipt" letter to apply the undertaking application to the MIFI in Quebec.

So far, all that is done but in the AoR letter, it says:

We assume the evidence here is the tracking receipt from Canada Post when we mailed the documents to MIFI.

Now, the problem is that since we applied through the PR portal, neither of our IRCC accounts have the application under it. We even tried linking the application to our accounts using the "Link an application to your IRCC secure account" function but no matter how we enter the information, it keeps saying that it cannot find the application.
We know that we can use the WebForm option but we are afraid this might take much longer to process.

Any ideas what might be the issue here?
Shouldn't you mail the complete application in a single envelope to the MIFI's address in Montreal?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I did mail the undertaking application to MIFI in Montreal but now I need to submit to IRCC an evidence that I did that
So assume you shipped the application via Canada Post, you should have a tracking number.

Sindhura97

Aug 31, 2019
hello, when you submitted the tracking slip did it have the sender and receiver (MIFI) address on it? I have the tracking information which only shows that it was delivered but not the receiver address.
Kindly let me know.