+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted e-APR - CEC class. But my employer planning transfer me to Montreal

praveenskm

Jul 23, 2019
Hi Folks, I'm on an employer Specific(Closed) Work Permit and was working for a client Project in Toronto. Unfortunately, the project was terminated and my employer is suggesting to shift to Montreal to take up another project. However, My work permit has a condition stating that I can only work from Toronto and the Employer is fine to process an amendment in order to travel to Montreal.

I Just submitted my E-Apr couple of week ago under CEC class. I would like to check if I agree to travel to Montreal and process the amendment, would it have an impact on my application. Do I need to keep CIC posted about this situation? There are very fewer chances that I can stay in Toronto as there is no project readily available right now. Please advice.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Folks, I'm on an employer Specific(Closed) Work Permit and was working for a client Project in Toronto. Unfortunately, the project was terminated and my employer is suggesting to shift to Montreal to take up another project. However, My work permit has a condition stating that I can only work from Toronto and the Employer is fine to process an amendment in order to travel to Montreal.

I Just submitted my E-Apr couple of week ago under CEC class. I would like to check if I agree to travel to Montreal and process the amendment, would it have an impact on my application. Do I need to keep CIC posted about this situation? There are very fewer chances that I can stay in Toronto as there is no project readily available right now. Please advice.
Sort answer - yes, it could affect your CEC application, as you have to sign your intention to settle outside of Quebec. Moving to Quebec obviously contradicts that, unless you can somehow show it is temporary, and you have a home, job waiting for you outside of Quebec.