+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submitted biometric on july 7th, 2021 still waiting for visa decision

droychow1992

Oct 22, 2021
Hello!

I have applied for the visitor visa and gave biometric on July 7th. I am still waiting for the decision. I have filled up the inquiry form for this but got no response. I have no idea what to do next. Any idea? Should I apply once again?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I live in US. what is authorization to travel?
Prior to September 7, if you were not immediate family you needed approval with authorization to travel for essential reasons by the Canadian government as well as approved visitor visa. if you didn’t do this, then you may want to reapply.

droychow1992

Oct 22, 2021
Prior to September 7, if you were not immediate family you needed approval with authorization to travel for essential reasons by the Canadian government as well as approved visitor visa. if you didn’t do this, then you may want to reapply.
That makes sense. To re-apply, do I need a new GC key account or use the same account and start over the application?

droychow1992

Oct 22, 2021
Not sure. Look at the link provided and answer some of the questions.
Thanks a lot for your response. At least I knew what might have gone wrong with my application. I will re-apply soon.

I just want to make sure, the person who is giving me a letter of invitation, for him/her I need to provide the PR card copy right? Is there anything else needed?

Isi19

Nov 3, 2021
Thanks a lot for your response. At least I knew what might have gone wrong with my application. I will re-apply soon.

I just want to make sure, the person who is giving me a letter of invitation, for him/her I need to provide the PR card copy right? Is there anything else needed?
Hey, I'm in a similar situation as you - I have applied for TRV mid October 2021. To reunite with my fiancé who is a permanent resident in Canada. Even though I applied after 7th September, I still needed to fill a webform asking for written authorisation for travel exemption. This is necessary for all extended family member seeking TRV (fiancé falls under the extended family member category).

You have to apply through the new IRCC portal for visitor visa. And after your submit your visa application, and your biometrics is on file,you need to request a written authorisation from IRCC via a webform. Your written authorisation request raised by a webform should contain the following information re the applicant (i.e. yourself) -

1. Full Name:
2. Date of Birth:
3. Passport number:
4. Visa application number:
5. Unique Client Identifier: 1
6. Visa application submitted date:
7. Biometrics enrolment date and number:
8. Reason to travel to Canada – To reunite with fiancé (insert name) who is a
permanent resident of Canada (insert PR ID No.)

To your visa application and to your webform request for written authorisation from the IRCC, you can attach the following supporting documents -
1. Evidence of relationship of extended family member with a Canada permanent resident - notarised solemn declaration (IMM0006).
2. Letter of Invitation/ Sponsorship by the PR card holder
3. Proof of permanent residence – PR Card copy
4. Proof of residence – Can be DL, health card or hydro Bill of apartment
5. Passport copy of PR card holder
6. Passport copy of self
7. Fully vaccinated certificate or acknowledgment

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hey, I'm in a similar situation as you - I have applied for TRV mid October 2021. To reunite with my fiancé who is a permanent resident in Canada. Even though I applied after 7th September, I still needed to fill a webform asking for written authorisation for travel exemption. This is necessary for all extended family member seeking TRV (fiancé falls under the extended family member category).

You have to apply through the new IRCC portal for visitor visa. And after your submit your visa application, and your biometrics is on file,you need to request a written authorisation from IRCC via a webform. Your written authorisation request raised by a webform should contain the following information re the applicant (i.e. yourself) -

1. Full Name:
2. Date of Birth:
3. Passport number:
4. Visa application number:
5. Unique Client Identifier: 1
6. Visa application submitted date:
7. Biometrics enrolment date and number:
8. Reason to travel to Canada – To reunite with fiancé (insert name) who is a
permanent resident of Canada (insert PR ID No.)

To your visa application and to your webform request for written authorisation from the IRCC, you can attach the following supporting documents -
1. Evidence of relationship of extended family member with a Canada permanent resident - notarised solemn declaration (IMM0006).
2. Letter of Invitation/ Sponsorship by the PR card holder
3. Proof of permanent residence – PR Card copy
4. Proof of residence – Can be DL, health card or hydro Bill of apartment
5. Passport copy of PR card holder
6. Passport copy of self
7. Fully vaccinated certificate or acknowledgment

Hi Isi19,

Thanks for this post, my friend is under similar situation, although now it's Oct-2022, my friend still not receive the DM after the biometrics on file since 01-JUN.
Before reading your this post, we've never heard about this, so, thank you.
But, may I know where to find this mentioned "rule" on canada.ca website? Coz if I didn't see this post, I will never know this.
As a result, we want to read more about this rule and to find where to apply the "written authorization".

Thanks again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Isi19,

Thanks for this post, my friend is under similar situation, although now it's Oct-2022, my friend still not receive the DM after the biometrics on file since 01-JUN.
Before reading your this post, we've never heard about this, so, thank you.
But, may I know where to find this mentioned "rule" on canada.ca website? Coz if I didn't see this post, I will never know this.
As a result, we want to read more about this rule and to find where to apply the "written authorization".

Thanks again.
This is an old rule. It no longer applies.

Reactions: dreamon2019

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
This is an old rule. It no longer applies.
Thank you for reply, I also checked the canada.ca and said
COVID-19 border measures have ended

On October 1, 2022, all COVID-19 border requirements, including vaccination, mandatory use of ArriveCAN, and any testing and quarantine or isolation requirements, ended for all travellers entering Canada by land, air or sea.