+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa rejected..need help

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi guys, just got refusal for my study visa today. This is my second time to apply for a study visa and got rejected. Can anyone please help me?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, just got refusal for my study visa today. This is my second time to apply for a study visa and got rejected. Can anyone please help me?

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/ section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Thank you.
Order GCMS notes. This is a general statement that can mean many things (not genuine student, program inappropriate etc.)Need to know your full profile; reasons for refusal for first refusal (GCMS notes), and what you changed in second application.

Reactions: Miin

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Order GCMS notes. This is a general statement that can mean many things (not genuine student, program inappropriate etc.)Need to know your full profile; reasons for refusal for first refusal (GCMS notes), and what you changed in second application.
thanks for your advice. I will apply for a GCMS notes

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
D

did you apply for GCMS notes? did you get approval after applying? what did your GCMS notes say?
hi, I applied for GCMS notes but no reply till now..I already resubmit my study visa..awaiting for good news..hope this time is the correct time

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi, I applied for GCMS notes but no reply till now..I already resubmit my study visa..awaiting for good news..hope this time is the correct time
So what did you change in your application if you don’t have GCMS notes? Assume you changed programs.

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
I didn’t change my programs. I just revise my study plan by explaining how the program can help me in my future work in my home country..provide strong ties in home country and also add on extra funding to support my application
You are also applying for study visa?..when will be your intake?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn’t change my programs. I just revise my study plan by explaining how the program can help me in my future work in my home country..provide strong ties in home country and also add on extra funding to support my application
You are also applying for study visa?..when will be your intake?
No. Finished my studies. Because you don’t know why visa is refused then if refused again you need GCMS notes. You need a program to justify costs with a job of higher pay/promotion. Also need to expand on education - if you have a degree, take a masters as an example. If funds were mentioned as the issue, then a SOP without a change of programs may or may not be enough.

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
No. Finished my studies. Because you don’t know why visa is refused then if refused again you need GCMS notes. You need a program to justify costs with a job of higher pay/promotion. Also need to expand on education - if you have a degree, take a masters as an example. If funds were mentioned as the issue, then a SOP without a change of programs may or may not be enough.

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
I applied for GCMS notes but till now still no reply yet..I applied on August..I already submitted my application again..do u think I need to add in another study plan?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No
I applied for GCMS notes but till now still no reply yet..I applied on August..I already submitted my application again..do u think I need to add in another study plan?
Wait until you get a response on the second application. If refused, then don't reapply until you have GCMS notes and can address reasons for refusal.

cannvisa002

Nov 30, 2022
Hi, Congrats! Mine is still under process. How long did it take for you to get the decision after re-applying? If any other course excites you in the college/uni, you could check the seat availability for that course and opt for it. In my opinion, you should speak to the college and take the final decision.