+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Application in Pakistan Embassy

cybermars

Oct 24, 2009
Hi,

I am a Pakistani national currently employed in Saudi Arabia. I am accepted in a PhD program in Canada.

My question is regarding a query about "present employer" in the Study Visa form that I downloaded from CIC website. The embassy asks for the name and address of the present employer. The situation is such that my current Saudi employer is not giving any consideration to my case and refusing to give me a final exit making me stay for another 1.5 years. This will cause me to lose the PhD opportunity that I have got, which is something unacceptable for me.

I am thinking of leaving Saudi Arabia on an exit-reentry visa on a vacation and apply visa in the Islamabad embassy. The things that I would like to discuss are;

• Does the embassy contact the "present employer" if i mention it on the form?

• Would it be OK to say "Unemployed" on the form because I unofficially left the company and would not like to mention my current employer on the form? Do they cross check if I have the final exit visa endorsed on my passport from Saudi Arabia?

• How long does it take to get the visa from the date of application in Islamabad or Karachi?

Thanks for the feedback.

sambasiva0901

Sep 13, 2009
have u signed any docu with your present employer.....
if not so u can appeal your exit leagally done....in that case he have to give you the letter...
all the best.....

Jan 12, 2010
how to get passport back from embassy urgently

Dear all i want to get back my passport and documents immediately from Canadian Embassy Islamabad as i am working in Qatar and my coming is calling me back to Qatar and i dont want to persue my masters in canada for atleast 1year.My urgent tavelling back to qatar is very important as my visa is expring on 21th of january and my only tavel document on which my qatari visa is stamped is my passport which is with embassy so kindly tell me how to get back my passport and other documents soon.I have already emailed to embassy but they havent replied till now.

So kindly kindly keeping the urgent situation and real danger of losing my job reply to my question urgently.
thanking u in advance.