+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit

arshikaur1

Nov 11, 2021
Hi

I am graduating next month with 2 year program and i want to do a 10 weeks ece course online with pacific rim ece college . But they have vailid DLI too . I have valid study permit till 31 March ,2022 . If i start my one traning course online in january and finish it before expired my study permit . Am i eligible for 3 year work permit . I have passed all the courses for my business diploma or 2 years with 60 credits . Or there will be any problem that i will not be able to get 3 year work permit .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

I am graduating next month with 2 year program and i want to do a 10 weeks ece course online with pacific rim ece college . But they have vailid DLI too . I have valid study permit till 31 March ,2022 . If i start my one traning course online in january and finish it before expired my study permit . Am i eligible for 3 year work permit . I have passed all the courses for my business diploma or 2 years with 60 credits . Or there will be any problem that i will not be able to get 3 year work permit .
No, Pacific Rim is not PGWP eligible as stated on the DLI website. Plus a 10 week course would not be eligible either.

arshikaur1

Nov 11, 2021
but if i stilll did the two year program then i would eligible for pgwp right and do the vocational course after applying for my work permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
but if i stilll did the two year program then i would eligible for pgwp right and do the vocational course after applying for my work permit
You would be eligible for PGWP after two year course. You can‘t have a PGWP and study permit at the same time. So you would need to do the vocational course right after the 2 year cours, or after completing the PGWP. Then you would apply for a new study permit but you would not get another PGWP.

arshikaur1

Nov 11, 2021
thank you . So after december 2021 . I just havw to apply for my work permit as soon as i am finishing my Ecea 10 weeks training course before my study permit expires.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you . So after december 2021 . I just havw to apply for my work permit as soon as i am finishing my Ecea 10 weeks training course before my study permit expires.
Is it at a DLI? When do you graduate from the 2 year program as you must apply for PGWP within a certain timeframe. Are you extending your study permit because it expires 90 days after you graduate.

arshikaur1

Nov 11, 2021
My plan is : Graduating from 2 year course next month (dec2021) . My last semester going on .
Jan 2022: Start the 10 weeks course at pacific rim . Yes they have DLI too .
Have study permit till 31 March ,2022. with in march apply for work permit .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My plan is : Graduating from 2 year course next month (dec2021) . My last semester going on .
Jan 2022: Start the 10 weeks course at pacific rim . Yes they have DLI too .
Have study permit till 31 March ,2022. with in march apply for work permit .
So you need to change/amend your study permit for the 10 week course. Then apply for work permit. You will not get credit for the 10 week course as it is not eligible for PGWP.