+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit rejected

Nirva111

Mar 5, 2019
I applied for study permit from Nepal through CIC India on may 6 2019. Today I got my rejection letter stating the following reasons:

•Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

· Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

· Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada

I got the offer letter from memorial university and as you know it's one of the most affordable universities in Canada. The subject I was applying for was MSC in management and I am a BBA graduate with one year of work experience. Regarding my financial support these are documents I provided:

1. Property valuation of CAD 300,000 with engineering firm verification with govt. document
2. Bank balance of 17k from father side with bank statement of last three months and balance of 18k from mother's side but with only balance certificate as there are not much transaction on her account.
3. Education loan amounting to CAD 42000 with loan disbursement letter from bank.
4.income of father (last year):CAD 10500 from business with registration, pan, tax docs, and audit report
5. Annual income of mother from business with job letter and salary slip amounting to CAD 3500
6. Income from lease with lease agreement paper, payment of lease tax incurred documents and govt verification CAD 15000

This amount to movable property of around CAD 77,000
immovable property of CAD 300,000
and annual income of CAD 29000.

My academic background is strong as well, I have 3.88 Gpa and 7.5 in IELTS.However my grounds for refusal is related to finances.
My total fee for two years is only around 20,000. I am thinking of reapplying, what should I do? I need experienced advice. And also, I know people say this doesn't matter but everyone who applied in April or may has been rejected with general reasons. I need suggestions.

Last edited:

Nirva111

Mar 5, 2019
How many family members did you apply to accompany you? You must also consider living expenses.
I'm going alone. My total tuition fee for two years is under 20,000 CAD and i forgot to add in my original comment above that I also have scholarship amounting to 4000 CAD per year. Even considering living expenses of 40,000 CAD for two years, my education loan and bank balance cover everything. I would like to add that my friend who applied with me and has decent income and balance got rejected with same reasons as mine.
How should i address this problem while reapplying?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Are all these financial assets and income statements your parents? Did they provide a letter promising support as a sponsor?

Nirva111

Mar 5, 2019
Are all these financial assets and income statements your parents? Did they provide a letter promising support as a sponsor?
Yes, they are my parents' , but loan is taken out on my name , backed by my parents property. They have provided the sponsorship letter.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You would need the caips notes to figure out the issue.
Why include your parents financials if you have enough funds yourself? I think there was no need for that, more docs is not always better.
Did you explain everything including finances in your letter?

Nirva111

Mar 5, 2019
You would need the caips notes to figure out the issue.
Why include your parents financials if you have enough funds yourself? I think there was no need for that, more docs is not always better.
Did you explain everything including finances in your letter?
I don't have enough funds myself. My parents are the one who are fully supporting me. And they have provided the sponsorship letter stating that they will cover every expenses during my study and stay in canada. And the education loan taken out was by my father to fund my studies. The loan letter explains well that its sole purpose is for my masters studies. I was wondering if I should opt to apply with more bank balance as I cannot apply with same documents as before. I cant wait for CAIPS notes. My session starts on September and I cannot wait for one more month to reapply.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I don't have enough funds myself. My parents are the one who are fully supporting me. And they have provided the sponsorship letter stating that they will cover every expenses during my study and stay in canada. And the education loan taken out was by my father to fund my studies. The loan letter explains well that its sole purpose is for my masters studies. I was wondering if I should opt to apply with more bank balance as I cannot apply with same documents as before. I cant wait for CAIPS notes. My session starts on September and I cannot wait for one more month to reapply.
Notes for temp residency application comes in less than 30 days as per my experience. So if you apply today you can expect to get the notes in June itself.

marwaeissa

Jun 11, 2019
really it is frustrating and depressing
i got the same rejection but regarding another reason

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.