+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Rejected

djein

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
My wife applied for a study permit Oct 1 2015 and we just received the rejection letter stating

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: Family ties in Canada and in country of residence. Current employment situation. Personal assets and financial status"

Did they deny us because she is married to me a Canadian citizen? We payed for 12k tuition in full and proved 63,000$ worth of money sitting in a bank account for 6 months+. She recently graduated from a bachelors in secondary education so she doesn't have a job.

What is the next step I can take to remedy the situation? An appeal? Re submission? None of these things will change between now..and 5 years from now. Does she need to work at a call center for a few years to prove employment...does she need to divorce me to prove she doesn't have strong ties to Canada? We do not have any land holdings in the Philippines and she only has her immediate family. None of these things will ever change.

djein

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Letter of Explanation
- Study Permit Checklist

- Letter of explanation itself showing her reasoning for following her bachelors in secondary education with a bachelors in social working along with timeline for completing studies and returning to the Philippines. Also included explanation of her aunts sponsorship due to her fathers death. Her aunt has sponsored her entire education since grade school as well as her current bachelors degree. Explained her reasoning for choosing Canada and specific location while disclosing that I her husband wish to return with her to the Philippines upon completion. Also explains her role as the eldest child of the extended family to return. Shows how the Canadian association of social working will help her in a position as a guidance counselor in the php. This is written very well and in good depth without being too wordy in bullet form.

- Letter of recommendation from the director of her university that they will have a job opening on her return and exemplifying her attributes and desires to become a guidance counselor and how it will benefit their university.

- Affidavit manifest of intent to return notarized by her mother and sponsoring aunt detailing their declaration for her intentions of returning as well as reasoning

- Police Clearance

- Letter of invitation from her landlord in canada.

- IELTS score averaging 7.5

Notarized affidavit of sponsorship from her aunt explaining total support for all aspects of school including travel, tuition, living expenses. Financial Support bank records from her aunt showing 65,000$ CDN which has been sitting in a bank account for 5 years maturing (for her education). (he aunt is a lawyer) As well as personal bank statements. Also showing the receipt for an entire years worth of tuition (12,000$ CDN) So total funds exceeding 77,000$ CDN.

Proof of Passed Medical exam
Passport photo and digital photo.
Letter of acceptance into the college.
Family Information

And still denied I am assuming 99% because we are married. Wonderful system :(

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
I agree the system is already wonderful and on top of that Harper has screwed it completely. That being said I see three problems
1. Showing landlord letter of invitation this does not make sense why would a landlord invite someone ?
2. Aunt is not a very strong sponsor immediate family is a better sponsor like father mother sister or brother. Even husband is a very good sponsor.
3. She is married to a canadian so its contradictory that she would go back after education. Why would she go back unless spouse will go back with her.
is family PR application a solution?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

djein

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
mead said:
I agree the system is already wonderful and on top of that Harper has screwed it completely. That being said I see three problems
1. Showing landlord letter of invitation this does not make sense why would a landlord invite someone ?
2. Aunt is not a very strong sponsor immediate family is a better sponsor like father mother sister or brother. Even husband is a very good sponsor.
3. She is married to a canadian so its contradictory that she would go back after education. Why would she go back unless spouse will go back with her.
is family PR application a solution?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp
1. Landlord letter of invitation is because she is not availing the colleges housing system and is staying with me.
2. Aunt has sponsored her education since elementary due to her fathers passing. Her mother is a farm hand and her aunt has more means of support than myself and the history of sponsorship. Her brother and sister are both underage and they have no significant land holdings.
3. We stated in multiple forms all witnessed by a notary our intention of returning TOGETHER as per her family's wishes. PR application will take 2 years or more followed by 4 years bachelors degree to then return to the philippines so the study permit route is the correct course of action and exactly what we are aiming for. The increased Canadian education level is very needed to compete against higher end employment opportunities. Otherwise she will have to contend with the same education as everyone else in an already overcrowded system. So now it seems we have no choice but to do PR application and prolong this travesty an extra 2 years...because of our broken system. Its also quite difficult to even see my wife as she can't even get a visitors visa. Getting married in the eyes of the Canadian government is a no-no.