+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refusal

samerezzo

Aug 4, 2016
Hello,

My student visa was rejected today. I had been living in Canada for five years. From August 2010 until December 2015. I first went to a College to complete a two year interior design program then went to a university to study civil engineering. I didn't finish engineering for personal reasons and had to leave Canada abruptly in December 2015, therefore I left to the UAE where my sister lives to help sort out these personal issues. A couple of months ago I reapplied for a student visa from the UAE but for a completely different degree; a one year culinary arts vocational degree program at a college. I have received an acceptance letter from the college and I have proved that I have sufficient funds to complete the program. Culinary arts is a true passion of mine however my refusal letter stated the following:

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:
• whether the person has been accepted to study at a Canadian educational institution;
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip, to pay tuition fees and to support himself or herself while in
Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

other reasons:
I am not satisfied proposed studies are reasonable in light of your academic and/or employment history. I am not satisfied you are a genuine student whose primary purpose is to study.

piccolamela

Jul 13, 2016
Hey! I got refusal twice and got my approval on third time.

Did you write a letter of explanation? Because this is what I did different in my own third application.
Also, if your family is sponsoring you, they should(or you should) write a letter stating that they are sponsoring you(and they should sign it) So if you are going to be the one who writes for them, you should be writing as if they were writing (like I'll be sponsoring my son etc)

Hope it helps!

samerezzo

Aug 4, 2016
Hello!
I am waiting for my CAIPS notes from the visa officer now and I am also working with an immigration lawyer to see what to do exactly after the CAIPS notes arrive. The thing is I didn't put anyone as a sponsor. I got a small inheritance after my father passed that would be enough for my studies. Therefore I just posted my bank statements. However, after reading up on the forums here it was mentioned a few times that bank statements are useless unless I prove where the money came from. Was your situation like mine in the sense that you first studied a certain major then switched to something completely different? Thank you and thanks for the advice.