+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit refusal, need help to re-apply.

atabayat

Sep 10, 2020
Currently i am living in Budapest Hungary for 12 years, studied and didnt finished the university and worked for over 7 years, im from IRAN and i have applied for study permit to study computer programmer in Lambton College. Today i have received my rejection from Visa Officer in Vienna since i applied from there. The reasons was 1. based on your immigration status 2. based on the purpose of your visit 3. based on your current employment situation.
My documents i have provided to them were complete since i have provided my 7 years of work experience. Currently i am self-employed and ofcourse my father is supporting me from my country as well. there is no ties in Canada so they might be afraid that i will be staying there. Can you please help me in which way i have made mistake that i got refused? I want to re-apply and i donno where to start. which part should i fix? Visa letter should i explain deeply about my purpose of travel? how about my Immigration status, i have had 8 years of work permit in Europe and i never intended to be refugee.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Currently i am living in Budapest Hungary for 12 years, studied and didnt finished the university and worked for over 7 years, im from IRAN and i have applied for study permit to study computer programmer in Lambton College. Today i have received my rejection from Visa Officer in Vienna since i applied from there. The reasons was 1. based on your immigration status 2. based on the purpose of your visit 3. based on your current employment situation.
My documents i have provided to them were complete since i have provided my 7 years of work experience. Currently i am self-employed and ofcourse my father is supporting me from my country as well. there is no ties in Canada so they might be afraid that i will be staying there. Can you please help me in which way i have made mistake that i got refused? I want to re-apply and i donno where to start. which part should i fix? Visa letter should i explain deeply about my purpose of travel? how about my Immigration status, i have had 8 years of work permit in Europe and i never intended to be refugee.
What is your immigration status in Hungary?

atabayat

Sep 10, 2020
Currently i have work permit ( there is a type which called Self-Employed). You have your own solely company working in different fields. I assume the visa officer was not aware of this type of work permit that i have in Hungary.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Currently i have work permit ( there is a type which called Self-Employed). You have your own solely company working in different fields. I assume the visa officer was not aware of this type of work permit that i have in Hungary.
The fact that you don’t have permanent status in Hungary creates concerns that you will not return to Iran. It is very hard to get a study permit while living in a 3rd country.

atabayat

Sep 10, 2020
The fact that you don’t have permanent status in Hungary creates concerns that you will not return to Iran. It is very hard to get a study permit while living in a 3rd country.
Do i have to Prove them that i want to go back to my country after gratulation? Because that is the fact that i want to go back to my country since my little brother is disable and i have to take care of them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do i have to Prove them that i want to go back to my country after gratulation? Because that is the fact that i want to go back to my country since my little brother is disable and i have to take care of them.
Yes you have to prove that. Given you have been living in Hungary for all this time it will be very hard to believe you need to return to Iran after your studies to care for your brother.

Hani.soltani

Jul 21, 2020
What is the latest degree? if you have Bsc, it might be better to apply for a Master's. Have you taken the IELTS test(Academic)?

Sep 13, 2020
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Prakash12

Oct 3, 2020
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
I also received the same. I have to re apply my application . how to satisfy the visa officer that i will come back to home country ?
shall I provide employment offer letter from the company says that he will return to join the job again. As I have already mentioned in my old SOP that I had experience of two years in same company.