+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Study Permit] : Problem with medical. 2.5 months have passed since application. No update

garymalik8080

Jul 31, 2017
[INDIAN APPLICANT]

Hi all,

Can someone guide me on the following issue:

1.) I have a fully funded PhD offer from University of Waterloo, Canada for September, 2017 intake.

2.) I applied online for study permit(via IDP, Chandigarh, India) on 17th May, 2017. My medical was done at registered panel doctor on 20th April,2017 and the same was uploaded on 24th April, 2017.

3.) On July 12th, 2017 (approx 2 months since application date) I mailed Delhi immigration asking for update on my application since even my medical had not passed yet. It was stuck at "Reviewing". They replied back on July 18th that "my application was under process and medical results were awaited"

3.) I went to the medical center where I had got my medical done and they informed me that there was a "minor issue" with my chest x-ray and hence I have been placed in "B-minor" category. The problem with the x-ray was "Slight tinting on left dome of diagphram". The doctor told me that this was a very minor issue.

4.) Now it has been more than 10 weeks(typical time is 6 weeks on CIC website) since I submitted my application and everything(including medical) is "under review". THERE HAS BEEN NO FURTHER REQUEST FOR INFORMATION OR REQUEST FOR TESTS FROM THE CANADIAN IMMIGRATION

Can someone please help me on that will happen now? Or if someone is/was in a similar situation? THANKS!:)

Last edited: