+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Philippines

mikescotchwhisky

Oct 16, 2016
Hello Everyone! My name is Mike and I am applying for a Study Permit in Canada.
I applied 5 Days ago.
Date of Application: October 12th, 2016

I applied through Paper Application at VFS, Cebu that is located at the 9th Floor Keppel Building.

Question 1: CAN YOU GUYS TELL ME HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A RESPONSE FROM YOUR APPLICATION?

Documents Submitted:
• Letter of Acceptance from Centennial College
• Letter of Explanation
• Original Passport (Together with my Expired Passport)
• Proof of Income (My parents will be sponsoring my studies so I submited the following:)
- Notarized Letter of Support from my parents with a Signature of my lawyer.
- Bank Certificate of My Parents ( BDO)
- Bank Statements for the last 24 Months (BDO)
- Land Title of My Parents
• School Credentials: Bachelors Degree Diploma & TOR, High School Diploma & TOR, Diploma of Hospitality
• Application Made Outside Canada, Family Information, 2 Document Checklist
• NBI Clearance
• Up Front Medical ( From Nationwide Health Systems Cebu, Inc.)
• NSO: Birth Certificate

QUESTION 2: Do you guys think that I have a high chance of getting an Approval Letter?

I am worried because the program that I took was a 2 year College Diploma and they might be wondering why I am planning to take it even though I have graduated a 4 Years Bachelors Degree here in the Philippines. I forgot to explain it on my letter of explanation but I hope they are already aware about the educational standard that we have here in the Philippines.

I am also thinking about the proof that I will leave Canada after my studies because I was unemployed after my graduation and never tried working since birth. But, if they are going to based it on my Travel History, I've been to Hong Kong, Korea, Japan and Canada. ( I visted Canada last month and stayed 3 weeks for Vacation)
Do you guys think that it is enough proof that I am going to leave Canada after my stay?

Please share your experiences if you guys got refused or got approved. Mga Kababayan, let's HELP each other.
I will give you guys an update of my results.
I hope they will approve my application because my class starts at January 2017.