+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit for september 2020

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
My girlfriend wants to apply for the study permit. Has anyone received an acceptance letter from college or university yet?

Also ,

Proof of financial support
You must prove that you can support yourself, and the family members who come with you, while you are in Canada.
You can prove your funds with
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you've transferred money to Canada
  • Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  • proof of a student or education loan from a bank
  • your bank statements for the past 4 months
  • a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  • proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  • a letter from the person or school giving you money or
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
underlined must be difficult

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You don't need to show all of those, those are some of the ways to show proof. You should also post in the student forum for better replies.

Sabrina88

Apr 27, 2020
Me I got an admission for my master degree starting in fall 2020 and I want to apply for canadian visa but because of the situation related to covid 19 I understood that many of canadians centers where students permits application are processed are now closed until further notice. Moreoever Canada have closed their borders since March. So I wonder how I will be able to travel do my master there ? As it seem that it won't be possible to travel canada by september 2020 because of travel ban and the pandemic, so do you think then that we will be able in january 2021 ? Will the countries reopen their borders by then ?